Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Andy
12-15-2001, 04:20 PM
My problem is that after changing the Engine, Engine loom and Ecu, .<p>a)the fuel pump won't run (there IS power going to the relays) and<p>b)there is no spark :(<p>Is there a common power supply that I am missing?<p>TIA<p>Andy<p>

dave clark
12-15-2001, 04:50 PM
<i><br>My problem is that after changing the Engine, Engine loom and Ecu, .<p>a)the fuel pump won't run (there IS power going to the relays) and<p>b)there is no spark :(<p>Is there a common power supply that I am missing?<p>TIA<p>Andy<p></i><br>for the spark, you have to check the magnetic pulse sensor (on the front of the engine, or mounted on the bell housing) For the fuel pump not working, some ecu's have additional plug next near the ECU harness (two or three wires) they give power to the pump. One time I put a 86 320 motor into a 90 320, I had all kinds of problems,one of them was the fuel. It wouldn't work without the additional harness near the ECU not normally on a 90 320, but, on the 86. I added the wires to my 90, and the fuel problem was fixed. Don't know if this helps, but it would help more to know the year of the car and the year of the motor. You will have to change out the struts too, don't know if you planed on it already. e-mail me if I can help.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index