Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Roops
01-25-2002, 05:21 AM
As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br>

DarranP
01-25-2002, 05:47 AM
Roops,<br> Any idea on torque figures?<br>How much did the whole thing cost (purchase of cams, re-mapping, power run etc).<br>Shame your not coming to the meet as I'd love to see it go!<br>We'll have to make sure we arrange another meet soon.<p>DarranP<p><i><br>As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br> <p></i><br>

Roops
01-25-2002, 06:57 AM
<i>I have the torque figures but I cannot remember what they are. I will post them.<p>I did a deal with the guys as the cams were pre-used. But cams, fitting and a day on the rollers was less than a grand. I think the cams alone (new) are about 800.<p>Yes, we will definately have to have another get together later on.<p>Roops.<p>Roops,<br> Any idea on torque figures?<br>How much did the whole thing cost (purchase of cams, re-mapping, power run etc).<br>Shame your not coming to the meet as I'd love to see it go!<br>We'll have to make sure we arrange another meet soon.<p>DarranP<p><br>As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br> <p><br></i><br>

Darren M
01-25-2002, 07:58 AM
so assuming u paid about 60% price for the cams (bit of guess work), the job with new cams should be less than 1400?<br>Anyone got 1500 they can lend me? :) 1500 because I still need to get that evo II intake ive been meaning to get.<br>Just kidding, anyway good results. With the rev limit raised you`re also put further into the powerband when shifting too<p><br><i><br>I have the torque figures but I cannot remember what they are. I will post them.<p>I did a deal with the guys as the cams were pre-used. But cams, fitting and a day on the rollers was less than a grand. I think the cams alone (new) are about 800.<p>Yes, we will definately have to have another get together later on.<p>Roops.<p>Roops,<br> Any idea on torque figures?<br>How much did the whole thing cost (purchase of cams, re-mapping, power run etc).<br>Shame your not coming to the meet as I'd love to see it go!<br>We'll have to make sure we arrange another meet soon.<p>DarranP<p><br>As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br> <p><br></i><br>

SteveS
01-25-2002, 01:48 PM
What were actual readings at wheels @4k, 5k, 6k & 7k rpm? Since most of us can't remove engines to test at flywheel, and there is guesswork in applying a factor to arrive at flywheel hp, these figures would be interesting to know.

ADA///M
01-25-2002, 02:49 PM
You have a euro M3 right?<p>And with Schrick Cams(intake and exhaust) you are only making 219?<p>The Evo2 makes 220(or 215..i forget) and thats with midler cams....<p>Just seems strange...it expect a little more than that at the flywheel..<p>ADA///M<p>

Darren M
01-25-2002, 02:58 PM
but the Evo II also has difference pistons(i think), compression, airbox, and the larger throttle bodies.<br>The same schick cams in an evo II engine bump power up to 230bhp -240 (again from what I have heard).<p><br><i><br>You have a euro M3 right?<p>And with Schrick Cams(intake and exhaust) you are only making 219?<p>The Evo2 makes 220(or 215..i forget) and thats with midler cams....<p>Just seems strange...it expect a little more than that at the flywheel..<p>ADA///M<p></i><br>

ADA///M
01-25-2002, 10:44 PM
<i><br>but the Evo II also has difference pistons(i think), compression, airbox, and the larger throttle bodies.<br>The same schick cams in an evo II engine bump power up to 230bhp -240 (again from what I have heard).<p><p>You have a euro M3 right?<p>And with Schrick Cams(intake and exhaust) you are only making 219?<p>The Evo2 makes 220(or 215..i forget) and thats with midler cams....<p>Just seems strange...it expect a little more than that at the flywheel..<p>ADA///M<p><br></i><p>I understand that...the e2 has higher compression...but thats about it... the throttle bodies arent any bigger...that I know of...<p>And the evo intake isnt a big deal<p>ADA///M

Age P
01-26-2002, 11:47 AM
I have a Cecotto with raised compression ans schrik 284/276 cams. I will be dynoing mine soon...<p>I am hoping fro nearer 230 with big throttle bodies etc.<p><br>but the Evo II also has difference pistons(i think), compression, airbox, and the larger throttle bodies.<br>The same schick cams in an evo II engine bump power up to 230bhp -240 (again from what I have heard).<p><br>You have a euro M3 right?<p>And with Schrick Cams(intake and exhaust) you are only making 219?<p>The Evo2 makes 220(or 215..i forget) and thats with midler cams....<p>Just seems strange...it expect a little more than that at the flywheel..<p>ADA///M<p><br>I understand that...the e2 has higher compression...but thats about it... the throttle bodies arent any bigger...that I know of...<p>And the evo intake isnt a big deal<p>ADA///M<p></i><br>

Age P
01-26-2002, 11:59 AM
<p><br>What are you revving the engine to ? <p><br>As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br> <p></i><br>

Craig
01-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Who did your chip<br> thanks <p>CF

Roops
01-28-2002, 04:29 AM
<i><br>Powerwise I have made around 25bhp with the cam swap. The EVOII's respond much better to the cam swap beacuse of the higher compression, larger tb's, big exhaust manifold etc. I started with 193bhp so I am happy with the improvements. As I said before the engine mapping has transformed the car, no more spluttering around while cold. Instant throttle response on cam, seamless power through the gears.<p>Torque is up from 184 to 195, and the red line is now 7800.<p>Cam swap and engine mapping was done by Bexley Motor Works - 0208 304 9797.<p>I can't remember what all the numbers are through the rev range. Believe me, it is sh*t loads better than a standard car to drive. I track my car, so the crater in the torque curve at 2000rpm really doesn't bother me, the rest of the performance more than makes up for it. Anyone in the UK (South East), if you are interested in what it is like, go and see Bexley Motor Works, Nigel (Proprieter) will let you drive his car which has the same mods.<p>That's about it.<p>Regards<p>Roops.<p>As I posted the other day, we suspected that the dyno was giving incorrect readings, which proved to be the case. The car was remapped yesterday and I ended up with 219bhp at the flywheel, up from 193bhp. The car absolutely flies, the throttle response is fantastic and it just pulls and pulls. There is a small hole in the torque at about 2000 rpm which I don't really care about but after 3000rpm the revs just build really fast. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough, if you want to pep up your car, go for a pair of Schricks and an engine remap/custom chip.<p>Roops.<br> <p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index