Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JPL
01-25-2002, 11:20 AM
I have two BBS alloy rims that are bent. When straightened will they be as good as new? Any idea on pricing? Is there a really good place in San Diego to have wheel repairs/painting done? Thanks in advance.<p>JPL<br>90 m3<br>black and tan

Jon
01-25-2002, 12:09 PM
If they are only bent on the rim and not in the centers, they could be good as new. There is certainly a limit but if they are bent an inch or two, they can straighten them.<p>You mentioned, however, that they are BBS wheels. If they are newer BBS wheels like the RXs I got redone once, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCH THE FINISH. It's a multi-part process that the wheel refurbishers just cannot duplicate. In my case, it was an insurance deal so after two tries, they bought me new ones.<p>So you may want to consider getting the two wheels straightened and then having all four powdercoated the same color...maybe anthracite w/ a polished rim or something? You'll have to find someone who will work with you though since most places I know of charge a flat rate for straightening and refinishing whether the wheels need both or not.<p>Ideally, you'd probably want a deal for just straightening and then find a local place to strip and powdercoat all the wheels.<p>Good luck,<br>Jon<p><i><br>I have two BBS alloy rims that are bent. When straightened will they be as good as new? Any idea on pricing? Is there a really good place in San Diego to have wheel repairs/painting done? Thanks in advance.<p>JPL<br>90 m3<br>black and tan<p></i><br>

ADAMK
01-25-2002, 03:23 PM
THEY ARE CALLED TRUE WHEEL. THEY ARE AMZING. THE RIM WILL BE BETTER THAT NEW, AROUND $75-100. THEY ARE IN N HOLLYWOOD

MarkPike
02-02-2002, 05:21 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index