Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Adam p
01-26-2002, 05:35 PM
When i did my water pump I removed the amf to have better access. I noticed that there was some gass smelling like wetness in the plentum.. IS this normal? I know my car runs rich as **** but Im not so sure thats the cause. Any ideas on why, or if its normal? I also noticed it on a pals car when I did some intake gaskets on it. <p>Adam

Angus
01-26-2002, 05:58 PM
<i>its just blowby pulled from the upper valve cover and from the oil seperator located under the intake plenum mixed with fuel vapors left in the intake when motor is shut off. not a problem you can wipe it out but it will just return (it a natural process in the internal cumbustion engine ,in the old days it was just vented to the atmosphere but with todays tighter emission controls it must be pulled into the intake and burned but alot of it condenses on the cold aluminum intake parts).<p><br>When i did my water pump I removed the amf to have better access. I noticed that there was some gass smelling like wetness in the plentum.. IS this normal? I know my car runs rich as **** but Im not so sure thats the cause. Any ideas on why, or if its normal? I also noticed it on a pals car when I did some intake gaskets on it. <p>Adam<p></i><br>

eric_m3
01-26-2002, 05:59 PM
<i><br>There will always be a residue of oil in the plenum due to the oil seperator circuit.Make sure you are not smelling gas and looking at oil and confusing the two.<p>Fuel smell would be possible if you shutdown the engine and the intake valves were still open on a cylinder as unburned fuel would be in that cyl.<p>Eric

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index