Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

DarranP
01-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP

Roops
01-28-2002, 05:36 AM
<i>I want to get my original wheels painted so would be interested also. I contacted Spit and Polish by Email and they never responded which is not a good sign. I will check around and see if I can find anyone else. <p>50 per wheel seems quite a bit to me, considering that most of the work these days is done by machinery, only the powdercoating is done by hand.<p>Roops.<p>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p></i><br>

David 87M3
01-28-2002, 07:42 AM
<i>have you asked at your dealer? i am thinking about getting mine done there as i cant find anyone else.<br>our local dealer contracts work out to "carr and earl" maybe they are a national company, give it a try.<p>David<br>87M3<br>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p></i><br>

Roops
01-28-2002, 09:20 AM
<i>Darren,<p>I did a Google search on the web and found a load of places. Much cheaper than 50 a wheel.<p>See link<p>Roops<p>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p></i><br>

GilesL
01-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Got mine done in Ruislip..NW london....Not the worlds best job but ok(Cecotto, some overspray) and about 30 a corner...<p>Giles<p><br><i><br>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p></i><br>

Paul D
01-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Darren I looked around a lot and found the prices varied from 25 to 60 per wheel, in the end I went with a local company they charge 45 a wheel, but atleast I haven't got to travel miles to get them done so I'm cutting down on the petrol costs. You'll also find that a lot of them want to charge you another 8 to fit and balance the tyres as well.<p>I'm not sure what your wheels look like but if the are not cross spokes and don't have the centre caps I think they would charge about 35.<p>

DarranP
01-28-2002, 01:37 PM
<br><i><br>Got mine done in Ruislip..NW london....Not the worlds best job but ok(Cecotto, some overspray) and about 30 a corner...<p>Giles<p><p>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p><br></i><br>

GilesL
01-29-2002, 05:45 AM
Yeah it did I think(year ago) Terry's Tyres sent my wheels away whilst my new tyres were being ordered......<p><i><p><br>Got mine done in Ruislip..NW london....Not the worlds best job but ok(Cecotto, some overspray) and about 30 a corner...<p>Giles<p><br>Anyone know of a good place to get wheels refurbished in the UK at a reasonable price?<br>I've spoken to Spit and Polish (Tonbridge) and they've quoted 50 per wheel plus VAT.<br>However having spoken to some people who have had their wheels done by them, it seems they do not last that long before the laquer starts lifting, anyone have any views on this?<br>I have Borbet type A's that I would like to have the spokes done in black, do you think it's worth trying to spray them myself or is that just going to look cack?<br>Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to pay out for refurbing if I don't have to or it won't last.<p>DarranP<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index