Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Billy Grey
01-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi guys, I am in the market for an M3. Need to know what came with '88 to '91. <p>'91 has airbag, anything else? <p>Colors available?<p>Thanks in advance.<p>Bill<br>

michael
01-28-2002, 11:20 AM
late '87 and early '89. The "sales" date changed, but the production date is when it came off the factory floor. Mine is dated (on the driver's "B" piller) 06/88, it is the 3058th car out of 4996 US specifacation cars made. That means that at least 61% of the US cars were made before 06/1988. The "year of sale" EPA/DOT requirements were added. The changes were the steering wheel w/airbag, and things like that. The two major updates were offset front control arm bushings, and lighter (and weaker) Aluminum control arms (I run these). There was also a recall due to excesive pressure to the heater core that resulted in a pressure bleed-off valve in the feed line to the heater core.<p>"88 M3 (

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index