Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

brian
01-28-2002, 09:10 PM
I have a 87 325 BMW and it has 120,000 miles...there is a slight humming noise coming from underneath the car once I reach 30 mph; thereafter it gets louder at about 45 mph; after that the sound is not as loud but is still there. I rotated my tires and checked tire inflation but the noise is still there. Is this simply a wheel bearing issue?

John A
01-28-2002, 09:20 PM
<i>...and the center bearing. These are rubber parts that deteriorate, especially with the exhaust nearby. Don`t wait to change them; you`ll be buying a rebuilt driveshaft ($300) if you continue driving it.<br>John<br>88 ///M3 Cinnabar<p>I have a 87 325 BMW and it has 120,000 miles...there is a slight humming noise coming from underneath the car once I reach 30 mph; thereafter it gets louder at about 45 mph; after that the sound is not as loud but is still there. I rotated my tires and checked tire inflation but the noise is still there. Is this simply a wheel bearing issue?<p></i><br>

brian
02-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the advice John, it was the guibo and center shaft bearing...additionally I had to replace the vibrationer dampener as well.<br><i><br>...and the center bearing. These are rubber parts that deteriorate, especially with the exhaust nearby. Don`t wait to change them; you`ll be buying a rebuilt driveshaft ($300) if you continue driving it.<br>John<br>88 ///M3 Cinnabar<p>I have a 87 325 BMW and it has 120,000 miles...there is a slight humming noise coming from underneath the car once I reach 30 mph; thereafter it gets louder at about 45 mph; after that the sound is not as loud but is still there. I rotated my tires and checked tire inflation but the noise is still there. Is this simply a wheel bearing issue?<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index