Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

C///MR
01-29-2002, 08:24 PM
I was just reading the newest Grassroots Mag. article on the project M3. (march2002) They were talking about spring rates and listed some #'s that seemed very odd.<p>stock M3 spring they said were 239 lbs front and 106 lbs rear. (I've always read somewhere around 100 front and 300 rear)<p>they installed the Eibach pro-kit which they say rated at 274-342 (progresive) front and 116 rear.<p>what is with this info....can this be just misprints.... it seems like they have all the spring ratings backwards.<p>can anyone shed some light on this?<br>Thanks, Chris

Age P
01-30-2002, 04:10 PM
<i><br>I was just reading the newest Grassroots Mag. article on the project M3. (march2002) They were talking about spring rates and listed some #'s that seemed very odd.<p>stock M3 spring they said were 239 lbs front and 106 lbs rear. (I've always read somewhere around 100 front and 300 rear)<p>they installed the Eibach pro-kit which they say rated at 274-342 (progresive) front and 116 rear.<p>what is with this info....can this be just misprints.... it seems like they have all the spring ratings backwards.<p>can anyone shed some light on this?<br>Thanks, Chris<p>Chris, they have definately got it wrong ! please read F equals rear and R equals front....<p>I have measured lots of springs and the stock M3 has 100 front and close to 300 rears. Thankfully they couldn't fit them in the wrong place..... Tehy wouldn't fit......<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index