Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 08:47 AM
Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3

Darren M
01-31-2002, 09:19 AM
erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><p><i><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p></i><br>

Roops
01-31-2002, 09:44 AM
<i>This is my opinion on three of the clubs.<p>BMWCC UK - Discounts at dealerships and services, track days at cost, well organised. Current member (will be renewed)<p>BMW M Power Club - Track days at the same price as normal punter, generally - toss. Membership will not be renewed.<p>BMW Drivers Club - Less **** than the BMWCC, track days are cheap (but can be run poorly run and you end up with some real dodgy cars on track)<br>Not a member.<p>If you just want track days, then I susggest just booking days online with someone like Bookatrack. If you want technical help the BMWCC is pretty good, but not as good as a friendly local expert/garage. <p>Roops.<p>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p></i><br>

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 10:11 AM
<i>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><p>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

Derin
01-31-2002, 11:35 AM
<i>..Years ago (I mean like nearly 20 years ago) I was in the BMW Drivers Club.....I left because it was bollocks! If you ever actually phoned up you'd get someone saying something which made it patently clear that it was just an office that 'organised' lots of supposed 'car clubs' but really it was just a money making exercise! I don't know if it's changed more recently? The BMW Car Club is no big deal but at least their magazine always turns up on time!<br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p></i><br>

John W
01-31-2002, 12:29 PM
<i><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

John W
01-31-2002, 12:36 PM
David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 01:20 PM
<i><br>David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 01:21 PM
<i>I live about 2 miles from the metrocentre<br>whats your email address?<p>David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 01:25 PM
<i>and i have not set my computer up at home cos i just moved in.....<br>The croft event looks good i did not know about it<p><br>I live about 2 miles from the metrocentre<br>whats your email address?<p>David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

David 87M3
01-31-2002, 01:26 PM
<i><p>David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

Darren M
01-31-2002, 01:29 PM
so you`re married then? and wifey wont allow it in your schedule?<br>just kidding. U have to make some timne to try to get some track time.<p><i><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

David 87M3
02-01-2002, 05:43 AM
<i>just moved in to a new house and i need to sort out loads of stuff like the garden<br>oh and i need to fix a faulty cluch it looses fluid but i cant find the faulty component so i am going to relace both slave and master cylinder.<br>I am an engineer in a radio station and we have been very busy installind digital radio equipment lately<br>see what i mean by busy! <p><br>so you`re married then? and wifey wont allow it in your schedule?<br>just kidding. U have to make some timne to try to get some track time.<p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

John W
02-01-2002, 11:20 AM
Dave,<br>Got your mail, and sent you a reply. Once I've persuaded you to come to Croft, I'll set about the others on this board.<br>John W.<p><br>I live about 2 miles from the metrocentre<br>whats your email address?<p>David,<br>No trackdays? You ought to have a crack at the BMWCCGB day at Croft, as its not too far away from you, (I live in Newcastle too) and its well organised. You need to join them though, although its only about 30 a year and the mag is OK, a glossy affair. The Croft day is on Monday 8 July. I'll be going to others there as well, but they don't seem to have released the dates yet. E-mail me if you're interested.<br>John W.<br>1990 E30 M3 <p><br>I live in Newcastle and have a busy shedule so i don't get to race the car so i am not to intrested it track days, maybe if i had the time...<br>i think i will go with the car club<p>Thanks for replying<p>David <br>87M3<br>erm, none :). Never found one quite for me. I have noticed that the BMW car club now have leaflets in dealers, and according to the leaflet I have in my hand right now, members qualify for discounted parts at selected dealerships. They also organise trips, trackdays,, skid pan trainging etc.<p> <br>Drivers club I think organise track days at cost only (probably Car Club do too). Last summer I was amazed to find a weekend trackday at castle combe was organised by them at the cost of just 50 for members or 60 for non-members!!!!!! I didnt go because I was led to believe "on the phone" that you only got 12 laps, what they didnt tell me was that after everyone had done their 12 laps the track was run open pitlaned.<p><br>Hi lads<br>what is the best club to join? i am currently in the drivers club but i don't think it's much use. I called there technical department with a couple of simple questions and did not get anywhere. The "special" insurance for members was far more expensive than an ordinary polocy.<p>what clubs are you lads in?<br>David <br>87M3<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index