Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Noel
03-21-2002, 10:06 AM
What springs do you guys recomend. My car is completely stock, what's one of the first mods you guys recomend for<br>a completely stock 89 M3.

HANDBLT
03-21-2002, 10:45 AM
<i><br>What springs do you guys recomend. My car is completely stock, what's one of the first mods you guys recomend for<br>a completely stock 89 M3.<p></i><br>

Victor Hall
03-21-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm going to recommend that you save up and get some coilovers. I've installed some H&R's in my buddies and I'm in the process of doing mine, and I have nothing but good things to say about their product.<br>If you drop your car, pick up some Ground Control Caster/Camber plates. They're awesome!

Victor Hall
03-21-2002, 01:00 PM
forgot to plug my own stuff...I have some Eibach Race springs off of my parts car that I'm selling, if that's what you decide to get.

Randy '90M3/'85 euro M5
03-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Just upgraded my stock car with bistein sports,eibach springs & suspense techniques swaybars,,,car handles like a gold glove first baseman !!!

Randy Walters
03-23-2002, 02:20 AM
<i><br>What springs do you guys recomend. My car is completely stock, what's one of the first mods you guys recomend for<br>a completely stock 89 M3.<br></i><p>There's a lot of ways you can go with your<br>suspension from mild to wild. Do you want the<br>car to ride nice and handle a little better or<br>do you want it to handle way better at the expense<br>of a decent ride? My choice would be to use a<br>Ground Control spring kit with Koni adjustables.<br>That way you can choose your own spring rates to<br>suit the kind of driving you'll do and still have<br>the option of setting your ride height and<br>changing your spring rates later on (or seasonaly)<br>as you see fit. It's been my experience that<br>Bilsteins aren't up to the task of controlling<br>rebound on H&R Sports or Eibach Pro Kit springs,<br>while the Konis are (especially in back).<p>Randy<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index