Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve
05-10-1999, 11:15 PM
Surely this isn't just me!! When I go to view the 7 series message area and the gray grid at the top comes up the link to 8 Series (E31) has changed colors like I'm viewing it. I can click on it and it takes me here but if I'm at the opening page (www.bimmer.org) and try to click "8 Series (E31)" then I get nuthin. Am I the only that has this problem? In all that I know about computers this can't be JUST me. What's the deal??!! <p>Steve<br>Bimmer-less<p>PS I kinda dig it... it's like this place is a hidden paradise. But I'm still curious about this idiosyncracy :-)

Steve F
05-11-1999, 10:58 AM
Turns out that this surreal experience is not entirely yours alone. I was curious about your predicament and decided to give it a go. At www.bimmer.org I too pressed the 8er link and was transported right to the 7er site. When I hit the 8er link from there I was properly (and thankfully) transported to the correct 8er site. Guess it's just one of those internet quirks.<p>Steve F.<p><br><i>: Surely this isn't just me!! When I go to view the 7 series message area and the gray grid at the top comes up the link to 8 Series (E31) has changed colors like I'm viewing it. I can click on it and it takes me here but if I'm at the opening page (www.bimmer.org) and try to click "8 Series (E31)" then I get nuthin. Am I the only that has this problem? In all that I know about computers this can't be JUST me. What's the deal??!! <p>: Steve<br>: Bimmer-less<p>: PS I kinda dig it... it's like this place is a hidden paradise. But I'm still curious about this idiosyncracy :-)<p></i>

Alan
05-11-1999, 07:56 PM
<i>: Turns out that this surreal experience is not entirely yours alone. I was curious about your predicament and decided to give it a go. At www.bimmer.org I too pressed the 8er link and was transported right to the 7er site. When I hit the 8er link from there I was properly (and thankfully) transported to the correct 8er site. Guess it's just one of those internet quirks.</i><p>*grin* not an internet quirk...more like a webmaster lapse of concentration. fixed now. :-)<p><br>--alan

Steve
05-11-1999, 08:16 PM
<i>: : Turns out that this surreal experience is not entirely yours alone. I was curious about your predicament and decided to give it a go. At www.bimmer.org I too pressed the 8er link and was transported right to the 7er site. When I hit the 8er link from there I was properly (and thankfully) transported to the correct 8er site. Guess it's just one of those internet quirks.<p>: *grin* not an internet quirk...more like a webmaster lapse of concentration. fixed now. :-)<p>: <br>: --alan<p></i>Haha, sometimes I think lapses of concentration are what I do bes... sorry lost my concentration. Anyway, I had a question about this here site. I assume it's independently owned and run but you are the online person with an "@bimmer.org" email address I've seen on here. Any-hoot, I'm just curious about this internet oasis. <p>Email responses are fine if you'd like.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index