Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Gregg
05-26-1999, 09:09 PM
Reviewing my bill for Inspection I and noticed two expensive items. <p>#1 - $136.80 for 5L of transmission oil part #83-22-9-407-765) What is this stuff, gold? I hope that is a misprint on my bill. Any thoughts?<p>#2 - $31.85 x 2 for part #64-31-1-383-212 with no description. Anyone know what these are and why they are so expensive?<p>Thanks in advance,<br>Gregg '95 Red 840ci<p>

Steve C.
05-27-1999, 09:00 AM
<br>: #2 - $31.85 x 2 for part #64-31-1-383-212 with no description. Anyone know what these are and why they are so expensive?<p>These are your two microfilters, which are mounted just in front of the wipers under the cowl covering. Yep, that's what they cost, and when they become clogged, they can really diminish the amount of air flow into the cabin. As an aside, I just replaced mine after going through "pollen season" in Georgia, and the amount of filth that did NOT make it into the passenger compartment was nothing short of amazing. Plan on checking these at least annually, but more often if you drive your car every day or live in a dusty environment. The microfilters really work and do a great job.

j.rho
08-01-1999, 03:06 PM
hi,<br>i have a 95 840Ci/auto as well. I have 60K and don't think the auto fluid was ever changed. they keep saying it's life-time sealed and i don't need to. I would like to get it changed of course, since i don't believe in lifetime fluid...<br>I heard it's a fairly detailed procedure,with correct temp. for the fluid, when filling,etc.<br>where did you get yours done? total charge for that portion? i'm in so.cal...<p>jim r.

Lez
09-18-1999, 06:25 PM
<i>: hi,<br>: Did you get your's done already ?<br>I dont' belive in Life-time fluid and filter either. I have the oil and the filter they are about 135USD (filter 45USD oil 90USD) but I haven't changed them yet. You wrote " The oil temp. has to be spec. when changed" Where did you hear that ? Is it really that special process ?<br>The dealer didn't wanted to tell me what to do just "Transmission service is cca.700USD and do need to replace the oil ever" Then what a hell is 700USD in a tranny service ? They are making stories sometimes to scare customers away to do their own work on the car. <br>

Lez
09-18-1999, 06:26 PM
<i>: hi,<br>: Did you get your's done already ?<br>I dont' belive in Life-time fluid and filter either. I have the oil and the filter they are about 135USD (filter 45USD oil 90USD) but I haven't changed them yet. You wrote " The oil temp. has to be spec. when changed" Where did you hear that ? Is it really that special process ?<br>The dealer didn't wanted to tell me what to do just "Transmission service is cca.700USD and NO need to replace the oil ever" Then what a hell is 700USD in a tranny service ? They are making stories sometimes to scare customers away to do their own work on the car. <br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index