Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

GTK
07-21-1999, 10:08 PM
I have my 850 in the shop for replacement of a worn control arm bushing and was just told that the control arms (at $250 per side = $500 in parts) had to be replaced due to "wear." Is this normal or should *only* the bushings be replaced? The mechanic said that their design requires their replacement every 80k-100k miles. Thanks in advance.<p>

David
07-22-1999, 12:08 PM
Some places just prefer to replace the entire control arm rather than press in new bushings because the ball joint at the other end is probably shot too.<p><i>: I have my 850 in the shop for replacement of a worn control arm bushing and was just told that the control arms (at $250 per side = $500 in parts) had to be replaced due to "wear." Is this normal or should *only* the bushings be replaced? The mechanic said that their design requires their replacement every 80k-100k miles. Thanks in advance.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index