Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

SSM
09-23-1999, 11:25 PM
Hi, I am looking to purchase a '97 840ci. What kind of price should one expect to pay for a 97 car with under 35k miles. Any advice or insight on the 840ci would be most welcome. Also looking to buy an extended warranty from a BMW dealer for the same. Is it worth it? And finally how does the 840 compare with 850i/ci? Thanx in advance for your feedback. Rgds.

Gregg
09-24-1999, 09:18 AM
Saw a car similar to the one you mention (with no mileage stated) just listed in NY for $59,000. I don't know whether that is indicative or not. <p>Prices on these beasts tend to be subjective. When I bought my '95 840ci, I looked at 5 similar cars with similar mileage and the prices ranged from $39,000 to $49,000.<p>As for the 840 v. 850 thing, I guess it depends on what you use it for. I commute in mine about 30 miles a day mostly on the highway and in midtown manhattan. For my purposes the 840 is great and I was not interested in a manual transmission given my usage. If you want a more sporting beast, go for a 12 cyl 6 speed. <p>Anyway, just some random thoughts. Good luck!<p>Gregg<p> <i>: Hi, I am looking to purchase a '97 840ci. What kind of price should one expect to pay for a 97 car with under 35k miles. Any advice or insight on the 840ci would be most welcome. Also looking to buy an extended warranty from a BMW dealer for the same. Is it worth it? And finally how does the 840 compare with 850i/ci? Thanx in advance for your feedback. Rgds.<p><br></i>

SSM
09-24-1999, 04:13 PM
<br>Greg: <br>Thanx for your input. Has your 840 given you any problems so far and what is your average monthly maintenance expense since you got the car? <br>Sol

Gregg
09-24-1999, 06:30 PM
Sol - - <br>My 840 has not given me any trouble. It is a '95 and therefore had one of the tainted engines which was replaced under BMW warranty while in my hands for free. No monthly maintenance costs yet - paid about 300 for the 15k service. Since I got it with only 8k on it, it was essentially a new car.<p>I have an extended warranty through API and it is fine. Good luck! <br><i>: <br>: Greg: <br>: Thanx for your input. Has your 840 given you any problems so far and what is your average monthly maintenance expense since you got the car? <br>: Sol<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index