Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Randy
01-31-2000, 12:50 PM
Nice to see the new board for the e32!<p>I am still trying to determine the location of the rear defogger relay for my '88 735i (pre 3/88). The Bentley manual as well as the dealer's shop manual show the wiper pressure control module as the defogger relay. Has anyone changed theirs before?

kdkelly
02-01-2000, 08:51 AM
<i>: Nice to see the new board for the e32!<p>: I am still trying to determine the location of the rear defogger relay for my '88 735i (pre 3/88). The Bentley manual as well as the dealer's shop manual show the wiper pressure control module as the defogger relay. Has anyone changed theirs before?<p></i><p>I understand that the rear defogger has a fuse and some other parts under the back seat. Maybe this is where your problem lies?

Tim McDowell
02-03-2000, 08:21 AM
I had a dead rear-defogger in my 1988 730i. I can confirm the circuitry is under the rear seat; but the PO had it 'fixed' by an official dealership. There was a small fire shortly after. Now, I keep tissues in the car.<p>Bentley manual has full electrical schematics etc. Please let me know what other responses you get I'd like to fix this.<p><i>: : Nice to see the new board for the e32!<p>: : I am still trying to determine the location of the rear defogger relay for my '88 735i (pre 3/88). The Bentley manual as well as the dealer's shop manual show the wiper pressure control module as the defogger relay. Has anyone changed theirs before?<p><br>: I understand that the rear defogger has a fuse and some other parts under the back seat. Maybe this is where your problem lies?<p></i>

Randy
02-15-2000, 06:03 PM
Bentley came close. The rear defogger relay is attached to the Wiper Pressure relay. The WP relay is black and about $90 from the dealer. The defogger relay is orange & $9. Works great now!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index