Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JOHN A
02-08-2000, 04:07 PM
Hello...<p>I am looking for a good extended warranty company for my '91 850. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I bought the car from a private party not through a dealership -- so it needs to be a company that will retail to the public<p>Thanks,<br>John<p>'94 740iL<br>'91 850i

Steve Smith
02-08-2000, 07:33 PM
<i>: Hello...<p>: I am looking for a good extended warranty company for my '91 850. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I bought the car from a private party not through a dealership -- so it needs to be a company that will retail to the public<p>: Thanks,<br>: John<p>: '94 740iL<br>: '91 850i<br>I did some checking on extended warranties when I purchased a 92 735il. I had one on a 92 318is which I purchased from a BMW dealer several years ago. I found that very few companies offer extended warranties for autos with over 100,000 miles. I found two--one being Penn Warranty www.pennwarranty.com. This was being offered by the small dealer I purchased my car from. In checking this company out, the prices seemed low--almost too low. My earlier warranty through the BMW dealer would authorize payment via a credit card so that I did not have pay up front and be reimbursed. The Penn Warranty would not do this. The terms of the warranty seemed very restrictive. The price was around $250 for six months going up as the covered period increased. The only other company I found with a web search (I do not have the name any longer) required a initial insepection for about $100 and then provided 24 months coverage for $1400. I ended up not getting any warranty. Good luck.

Steve
02-17-2000, 08:57 PM
You might want to try this company called Wynns Oil Co. they offer warranties as long as you use the products they have to treat your engine,tranny,and rear end.I bought a 2 year warranty for for a 90 750iL with 93k for $900 and it covers all the major components.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index