Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Durden
02-10-2000, 08:50 AM
What is occuring is that BMW-NA is balking at paying the cost for some engine owners swap where as dealers are offering happily to fix "lucky" BMW owners cars. <br>My theory is the replacement program has degenerated into a "who you know and who you are" program. This is unfair. I live in Atlanta and have been told that I will pay for the leakdown test if I want it done. Why should I pay another $125 for my 42,000 car. I have contacted an attorney who is intrested. He agrees BMW should swap my engine based on "a complete loss of faith in engine reliabilty".

Mike
02-10-2000, 07:14 PM
<i>: What is occuring is that BMW-NA is balking at paying the cost for some engine owners swap where as dealers are offering happily to fix "lucky" BMW owners cars. <br>: My theory is the replacement program has degenerated into a "who you know and who you are" program. This is unfair. I live in Atlanta and have been told that I will pay for the leakdown test if I want it done. Why should I pay another $125 for my 42,000 car. I have contacted an attorney who is intrested. He agrees BMW should swap my engine based on "a complete loss of faith in engine reliabilty". <p></i>UK dealers and BMW UK attend to this problem on a who shouts loudest basis. The whole truth about this is not widely known, local BM contact tells me that BMW UK had to arrange with national car hire company to provide courtesy cars for customers with engine problems. Salesmen in dealers used to take bets on how many miles car would cover before it came back. Record was 130 miles same day car was collected - customer rang<br>and car had to be collected and engine replaced.<br>There was also an early problem with the engine rebuilds as the balance shaft bearings were machined to different sizes and engines had to be built again using modified bearings supplied by BMW. I am told that UK law on sale of merchantable goods will provide enough legal clout to get dealer to play ball. This is a major<br>problem for BMW and although widely accepted the scale of the defect is scary. BMW are no better or worse than any other maker, push a bit harder<br>and remember you are just dealing with an insurance company who covers their warranties,<br>so whatever they can save is their gain. <br>Best of luck.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index