Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : accumulators

Mo
02-11-2000, 07:36 AM
How do you know when you need accumulators for the rear suspension for a 90 750il? I have owned the car for 4 months and have always thought the the ride harsh when seated in the rear. My mechanic said it is normal for the leveling shocks. The mercedes with leveling shocks also rides harsh.<p>After reading some of the post here I am wondering if I replaced them would some of the harshness be eliminated.<p>Mo

Dennis
02-11-2000, 10:20 AM
<i>: I don't know about harshness, but driving my '90 735iL on our lumpy freeway here in Des Moines is like riding a pogo stick. My suspension doesn't feel hard, just bouncy. From what I've read on his forum, 10 year old accumulators are past their prime and need to be replaced. I haven't done mine yet, but I understand that the car should ride and handle much better after this is done.

sam brown
02-11-2000, 11:53 AM
they were like $5 for the pair plus shipping yesterday. <p>search on 750il :)<p>even though they are used might be worth having a spare of those in case of emergency leak.<p>

Rob Bam
02-17-2000, 01:01 PM
<i>: How do you know when you need accumulators for the rear suspension for a 90 750il? I have owned the car for 4 months and have always thought the the ride harsh when seated in the rear. My mechanic said it is normal for the leveling shocks. The mercedes with leveling shocks also rides harsh.<p>: After reading some of the post here I am wondering if I replaced them would some of the harshness be eliminated.<p>: Mo<br>Reply:<br>I have a 1990 750 il and mine rode harsh. I replace the accummulators and could not believe the ride difference. I did know how they are supposed to ride. A 750 il with good accummulator will ride smooth down a bumpy dirt road at 50 MPH no problem ( my driveway). I would change accummulators. The accummulators are the shocks for the vehicle. <p><br>thanks<p>Rob<br> <br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index