Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Brian
02-11-2000, 11:02 AM
At one time I owned a 83 320i and am looking at 93<br>740i. The engine was recalled and has 25k on engine<br>fairly new brakes. Any advice for a rookie?<p>

Gilbert
02-15-2000, 07:23 PM
They are complicated and you must have a dealer check it out before you buy. If its been maintained its wonderful, but if the seller put off replacing things you could spend $3 - 5,000 quickly. Front end, shocks, radiator, pumps, electronics, etc. But I'd still get one.<p><br><i>: At one time I owned a 83 320i and am looking at 93<br>: 740i. The engine was recalled and has 25k on engine<br>: fairly new brakes. Any advice for a rookie?<p></i>

Brian
02-22-2000, 10:33 AM
<i>: They are complicated and you must have a dealer check it out before you buy. If its been maintained its wonderful, but if the seller put off replacing things you could spend $3 - 5,000 quickly. Front end, shocks, radiator, pumps, electronics, etc. But I'd still get one.<p>: <br>: : At one time I owned a 83 320i and am looking at 93<br>: : 740i. The engine was recalled and has 25k on engine<br>: : fairly new brakes. Any advice for a rookie?<p><br></i>

Brian
02-22-2000, 10:39 AM
I decided to purchase the 740i before a mechanic looked at it. The seller had all records, the car<br>drove well, and the guy seemed trustworthy (I also<br>HAD to buy a car that weekend since the car<br>I was driving for the past 15 went kaput). I took the car this morning for a dealer in Dallas to run diagnostics ($160) and to change the oil ($40). I am hoping that the mechanic can tell<br>me everything wrong with the car and costs to fix (if anything). One of my concerns is with the front end suspension, which seems to be a little <br>hard. It also makes a popping sound sometimes when I brake at a light. I think it may need to be realigned, considering the shimmy at 35-40mph.<br>Other than that, the car has only minor glitches (like the left front fog light will work and then not work, maybe a short and various other)<p>I am happy with the car so far but let's see what the mechanic has to say. THANKS for your reponse.<p>Brian<br>Dallas<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index