Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Peter
02-14-2000, 06:25 PM
Anybody have one of those 6.0 stroker motors that aftermarket tuners (Dinan included) offer? There must be a kit available somewhere...

Greg K
02-16-2000, 07:40 PM
<i>: Anybody have one of those 6.0 stroker motors that aftermarket tuners (Dinan included) offer? There must be a kit available somewhere...<p></i>: Hi Peter, the 6.0 for 5.0/5.3 v12's isn't really a kit. The problem is that you have to get a custom made stroker crankshaft that is very expensive and the block has to be overbored, which requires re-applying the special Alusil/Nickel cylinder wall coatings. Between the two, its really more of a one-off $15-20k project for professionals like Korman or Dinan than a kit.

Peter
02-17-2000, 09:48 AM
<i>: : Anybody have one of those 6.0 stroker motors that aftermarket tuners (Dinan included) offer? There must be a kit available somewhere...<p>: : Hi Peter, the 6.0 for 5.0/5.3 v12's isn't really a kit. The problem is that you have to get a custom made stroker crankshaft that is very expensive and the block has to be overbored, which requires re-applying the special Alusil/Nickel cylinder wall coatings. Between the two, its really more of a one-off $15-20k project for professionals like Korman or Dinan than a kit.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index