Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jim Brisimi
02-14-2000, 11:26 PM
My e32 is on the verge of being Sharked!<p>One question for those of you who have tried the installation of the chip. I opened the ECU (Motronic) unit this evening to see what exactly is required for the installation but saw that its more of challenage then I first thought. Because the ECU consists of two boards, I'm having some difficulty getting the top board to come out the harness housing and open up.<p>Does anyone know of the procedure to properly access the chip and replace it? Any suggestions on this matter will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance for you time and assistance. <p>Jim Brisimi<p>88 735i (Almost Sharked!)

Victor L. Trucco
02-15-2000, 02:03 AM
Tip the top board up with firm pressure and at the same time use a small blade screwdriver to depress the clips that are on the connector inward. Pull out. With some careful effort it should release and come right apart. <p>Victor Trucco

sam
02-15-2000, 04:11 AM
worth the money? Whats the claimed output gain? i have a 750il 88.<p><i>: Tip the top board up with firm pressure and at the same time use a small blade screwdriver to depress the clips that are on the connector inward. Pull out. With some careful effort it should release and come right apart. <p>: Victor Trucco<p></i>

Jim Brisimi
02-15-2000, 09:57 AM
Victor, <p>Thanks for the instructions, I thought it should go that way but I wanted to confirm before I attempted the 'surgry'. Can't wait to get home and try the sucker out, although the car has been in winter storage for the last four months. <p>There's nothing wrong with waking up the baby when you want to play. I'll keep you and everyone interested posted after I have tried it out. <p>Cheers.<p>Jim Brisimi

Randy
02-16-2000, 12:49 PM
I don't know about the automatics, but the Shark lit a fire under my '88 735i, 5 speed. Definitely worth the $$'s.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index