Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chip
02-15-2000, 02:18 PM
has anyone had any experience with these companies that repair and refinish wheels for our BMWs?<p>are they really PERFECT and as good as NEW?<p>Thanks

tom
02-15-2000, 06:46 PM
I have been told that Rennsport in Atlanta is the best. They are not cheap, however. I just got the quote for my 4 3 piece BBS rims: $1100+shiping and mounting. ouch. Cheaper than new ones, I guess. I'll let you know how they look when I get them back. I have been told by people who used Rennsport that they are good as new when they get them back.<p>I have heard that people have had problems with Wheels America in their Houston store. But I don't know from my own experience.<p><i>: has anyone had any experience with these companies that repair and refinish wheels for our BMWs?<p>: are they really PERFECT and as good as NEW?<p>: Thanks<p></i>

Gilbert
02-15-2000, 07:08 PM
I had 4 BBS wheels straightened (curb rash by former owner, and one looked like he had run over something big enough to put it out of round) and refinished at Wheel Reinvention in Tampa. I understand they are owned by a northern company, but I forget their name. They did a fine job for about $150 each. I'm sure 3-parts are more. Call Dave at 813-275-0044. UPS in and out.<br>Good luck<br>Lin Gilbert<p><i>: I have been told that Rennsport in Atlanta is the best. They are not cheap, however. I just got the quote for my 4 3 piece BBS rims: $1100+shiping and mounting. ouch. Cheaper than new ones, I guess. I'll let you know how they look when I get them back. I have been told by people who used Rennsport that they are good as new when they get them back.<p>: I have heard that people have had problems with Wheels America in their Houston store. But I don't know from my own experience.<p>: : has anyone had any experience with these companies that repair and refinish wheels for our BMWs?<p>: : are they really PERFECT and as good as NEW?<p>: : Thanks<p></i>

tom
02-17-2000, 02:19 PM
Got the final quote back from Rennsport. Pretty damn expensive.....$1200+ for set of 4 complete re-finish. They charge $150 to take apart the wheels (they are 3 piece), plus pretty big charges for everything else. Don't believe the "$150 per wheel covers everything" line I was told before I sent them.<p>My recommendation: If there is much work needed on the wheels just buy a new set of rims. Hind sight is 20/20. Oh well<p><i>: has anyone had any experience with these companies that repair and refinish wheels for our BMWs?<p>: are they really PERFECT and as good as NEW?<p>: Thanks<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index