Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tom Miller
02-18-2000, 05:30 PM
Have something leaking on the exhaust pipe under the engine. Smells like oil burning but don't see anything on garage floor. More likely power steering fluid or tranny fluid ? Where would it be leaking from ?

sam
02-18-2000, 07:20 PM
Mine did that too.<p>replaced the trans gasket (still leaked!)<br>then replaced the tiny rear tranny seal.<br>$28 seal<br>$240 (4 hours labor) <p>Fixed it! Would smoke when stopped cause it was dripping on the cat's and smelt awful (sweet tranny fluid smell!)<p><br>Have the engine degreased ($15) and then run and put back up on the rack to confirm it! worth the money, always replace the tranny filter/gasket (if its auto) while you're doing all that crap. that was 60$ labor and $50 in parts.<p>Sam<p><i>: Have something leaking on the exhaust pipe under the engine. Smells like oil burning but don't see anything on garage floor. More likely power steering fluid or tranny fluid ? Where would it be leaking from ?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index