Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
02-19-2000, 07:21 PM
<br>Bentley manual cites the sword as the final stage of the heater and it appears to control the blower speeds<br>and vent opening -- but....... does it control the hot and cold mixture of air (is this the blender) or should<br>I be looking for a remotely operated hot water valve<br>somewhere. Manual is great on part diagrams but no<br>troubleshooting.<p>Any advice welcome.

sj
02-21-2000, 09:34 PM
<i>: <br>: Bentley manual cites the sword as the final stage of the heater and it appears to control the blower speeds<br>: and vent opening -- but....... does it control the hot and cold mixture of air (is this the blender) or should<br>: I be looking for a remotely operated hot water valve<br>: somewhere. Manual is great on part diagrams but no<br>: troubleshooting.<p>: Any advice welcome.<p></i>there is a heater valve assembly in front of the driver attached to the firewall under the hood. there are two valves that can malfunction (the earlier ones have rubber diaphrams that deteriorate, the newer ones have brass (?) cone- shaped plungers that I have seen broken.. this regulates the hot coolant flow on both sides.<br>SJ

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index