Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

02-20-2000, 01:59 PM
Well, yall have convinced me. I am going out today to buy a 750il or a 735i. Probabbly the 735->still in college and paying for it(LAD=waste of money). My girlfriend said i'm way to young to have a midlife crisis car(please excuse the feministic view) But she has a point. I want to drop a 5 speed in it or maybe even a 6 soon after i get it. How and how much? I live in the country of Texas and don't have the slightest clue as to where to pick one of these up. I heard a 6spd out of an 8-series fits like a glove. Any suggestions. And before i go drop several semesters worth of tutition on a car is there anything you're not telling me? bimmer or bust- 007

Bob
02-20-2000, 04:17 PM
Why not just buy a factory 5 speed e32 735i?<p>I have one of the 450 or so they made and it is a DELIGHT to dive. Very smooth driving and shifting.<p>By the time you get a tranny and drop it into an auto car, you've spent a lot and wasted a lot of time. Why reinvent the wheel??<p>They come up on ebay quite often-I bought my one owner dealer-only serviced one for $5500 in near mint condition there.<p>Bob<p></i>

sam
02-20-2000, 04:33 PM
Get an 850 if you want the 6spd? Its much cooler. You can probably get a decent one for the high 20's! maybe a 91 or so.<p>A 735i is going to be slow no matter what, i'd be willing to bet the stock 750il will outrun a stick 735i with a lot less hassle of shifting, especially with the tranny shift chip and cpu chips from dinan. Thats only $600 for increased shift points and brings the peak hp upwards of 340, which the 735i will never produced NA<br>

aaron
02-22-2000, 06:50 PM
<i>: Well, yall have convinced me. I am going out today to buy a 750il or a 735i. <p>If you go with the 735i and all you can find is an auto, converting it should be much more than a rebuilt automatic, which are problematic.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index