Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

SteveGiant
04-06-1999, 12:29 PM
Hey guys...<p>I have a Jet Black 323i Sport coming in at the end of this month (Scottsdale, AZ).<p>I want to remove the model designator badges on the rear of the car, and I've seen the threads here that outline how to do it. <p>Is this considered a "modification" that will be held against me since this car is on a BMW lease? I intend on keeping them and re-applying them at the end of the term.<p>What is your experience on this? Is this a "do" or a "do not?" Thanks for your help...<p>Steve

ian
04-06-1999, 01:08 PM
just kidding.. black E46 is awesome, though. BTW, I don't think removing a model badge matters that much. Anyway you can re apply it when you return the car, so I don't foresee it as a problem.<p>P.S. I'm in bay area, CA now, but used to live in Chandler for 6 yrs.<br>

Jon S
04-06-1999, 01:12 PM
<i>: Hey guys...<p>: I have a Jet Black 323i Sport coming in at the end of this month (Scottsdale, AZ).<p>: I want to remove the model designator badges on the rear of the car, and I've seen the threads here that outline how to do it. <p>: Is this considered a "modification" that will be held against me since this car is on a BMW lease? I intend on keeping them and re-applying them at the end of the term.<p>: What is your experience on this? Is this a "do" or a "do not?" Thanks for your help...<p>: Steve<p></i>: Steve, I wouldn't worry about it... It's been done many times in the past without consequence. To be safe I'd keep the badges around<br>anyway. With BMWFS, I.T.S. will perform an inspection prior to maturity. This will give you ample time to reattach if it is, in fact, deemed<br>"chargeable". Good Luck! -Jon

SteveGiant
04-06-1999, 01:17 PM
<i>: just kidding.. black E46 is awesome, though. BTW, I don't think removing a model badge matters that much. Anyway you can re apply it when you return the car, so I don't foresee it as a problem.<p>: P.S. I'm in bay area, CA now, but used to live in Chandler for 6 yrs.<p> Thanks for the help... I don't worry about the heat much. I had a black Honda Civic and when it got over 110f even I couldn't tell the difference :0<br>("but it's a dry heat") WHATEVER! Hot is hot is hot!<br></i>

SteveGiant
04-06-1999, 01:19 PM
<i>: : Hey guys...<p>: : I have a Jet Black 323i Sport coming in at the end of this month (Scottsdale, AZ).<p>: : I want to remove the model designator badges on the rear of the car, and I've seen the threads here that outline how to do it. <p>: : Is this considered a "modification" that will be held against me since this car is on a BMW lease? I intend on keeping them and re-applying them at the end of the term.<p>: : What is your experience on this? Is this a "do" or a "do not?" Thanks for your help...<p>: : Steve<p>: : Steve, I wouldn't worry about it... It's been done many times in the past without consequence. To be safe I'd keep the badges around<br>: anyway. With BMWFS, I.T.S. will perform an inspection prior to maturity. This will give you ample time to reattach if it is, in fact, deemed<br>: "chargeable". Good Luck! -Jon<p></i>Thanks Jon!

James
04-06-1999, 05:20 PM
why would anyone want to remove their model badges? Is it so people will think you have a 328? If not, do 328 owners remove their badges also? Just wondering......<p><i>: Hey guys...<p>: I have a Jet Black 323i Sport coming in at the end of this month (Scottsdale, AZ).<p>: I want to remove the model designator badges on the rear of the car, and I've seen the threads here that outline how to do it. <p>: Is this considered a "modification" that will be held against me since this car is on a BMW lease? I intend on keeping them and re-applying them at the end of the term.<p>: What is your experience on this? Is this a "do" or a "do not?" Thanks for your help...<p>: Steve<p></i>

SteveGiant
04-06-1999, 05:43 PM
Different people remove them for different reasons. I just love the look of a clean, uncluttered rear panel - all you see is the roundel. It's kind of stealthy looking too.<p>My car will be black so I intend to polish/wax it pretty regularly. When the badges are in the way they tend to collect wax.<p>It's really just a personal preference.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index