Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jim
04-06-1999, 01:25 PM
Is the Keyless Entry system when the doors are locked with the key suppose to blink the red light under the rear view mirror as an additional theft deterrent or do I need to order more accessories (alarm related to get this to happen) or is this a programming option when programming the keys. Thanks.

Gilbert
04-06-1999, 01:37 PM
Keyless entry refers to pressing button on key to unlock door. LED lights with alarm. It is part of the alarm system. You need to have the alarm for LED(under mirror) to light.

Jim
04-06-1999, 01:53 PM
So even if I have the light under the mirror, I need to purchase the alarm system. Right ??? How much does that accessory run ? It seems that the dealership that I bought from does not even know the answer to this.

Gilbert
04-06-1999, 02:11 PM
The light is standard prewiring. <p>The alarm will cost between $200-300 from Quality Imports. You can install it yourself, and have the dealer program it. (Haven't done it.) Check the archives for more info on this topic.

Jim
04-06-1999, 02:16 PM
Thanks for your quick answers...<p><i>: The light is standard prewiring. <p>: The alarm will cost between $200-300 from Quality Imports. You can install it yourself, and have the dealer program it. (Haven't done it.) Check the archives for more info on this topic.<p></i>

Gilbert
04-06-1999, 02:49 PM
nm

ScottKag
04-06-1999, 03:03 PM
I got my alarm kit from Hendrick BMW in Charlotte (800-476-8322) for $220 plus shipping. They were prompt and courteous. If you can use a wrench you can install it yourself.<p>My dealer programmed it for free, but lots of people have been charged labor.<p><i>: So even if I have the light under the mirror, I need to purchase the alarm system. Right ??? How much does that accessory run ? It seems that the dealership that I bought from does not even know the answer to this.<p><br></i>

Jim
04-06-1999, 03:20 PM
So, this alarm. What does it include. Some of the other alarms that I have installed in the past in other types of cars have taken hours and lots of headaches. It sounds like things are pre-wired and you need the dealarship to program something. Does this include a shock sensor and interior motion sensor as well? Thanks for your help again...<p><i>: I got my alarm kit from Hendrick BMW in Charlotte (800-476-8322) for $220 plus shipping. They were prompt and courteous. If you can use a wrench you can install it yourself.<p>: My dealer programmed it for free, but lots of people have been charged labor.<p>: : So even if I have the light under the mirror, I need to purchase the alarm system. Right ??? How much does that accessory run ? It seems that the dealership that I bought from does not even know the answer to this.<p><br></i>

ScottKag
04-06-1999, 04:39 PM
The alarm kit has a siren, an interior ultrasonic motion detector, and a tilt sensor. The car is prewired.<p><i>: So, this alarm. What does it include. Some of the other alarms that I have installed in the past in other types of cars have taken hours and lots of headaches. It sounds like things are pre-wired and you need the dealarship to program something. Does this include a shock sensor and interior motion sensor as well? Thanks for your help again...<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index