Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ben N.
04-06-1999, 10:45 PM
Ok I know there is a lot on alarm already but there is no detail on how to install. I know it comes with a siren, motion detec, and I belive glass break?. Now is all of these component. pre wire in the car or I would have to run wire for these component. Please tell me all the detail of the install really thinking about getting one but don't know if I can do it or not. Just got the car last weekend.<p><p><br>Thanks<p><br>Ben

Bruce
04-06-1999, 10:53 PM
<i>: Ok I know there is a lot on alarm already but there is no detail on how to install. I know it comes with a siren, motion detec, and I belive glass break?. Now is all of these component. pre wire in the car or I would have to run wire for these component. Please tell me all the detail of the install really thinking about getting one but don't know if I can do it or not. Just got the car last weekend.</i><p>It is all prewired. You might have to take the console apart a bit to install the microphone for the glass breakage sensor. It is not as plug and play as the E36 one is, I hear you have to go to the dealer to get it programmed to work. But you can do all the install.<p>I don't think teh BMW alarms are that good and would go aftermarket if you wanted something better than just a glorified keyless entry system.<p>Bruce

Lloyd
04-06-1999, 11:05 PM
follow the link.

Cowboy
04-07-1999, 06:30 AM
http://www.circlebmw.com/service/access/9416520.htm<p>This link will take you to the installation instructions that come with the alarm.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index