Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

nh
04-07-1999, 04:07 PM
A person at Quality Imports told me that the BMW nose mask (82 11 1 470 412) is a struggle to put on.<br>Any truth to that?<br>If so, what is a good alternative and its cost?<p>nh

Jim
04-07-1999, 05:12 PM
<i>: A person at Quality Imports told me that the BMW nose mask (82 11 1 470 412) is a struggle to put on.<br>: Any truth to that?<br>: If so, what is a good alternative and its cost?<p>: nh<p></i>I've always used Colgan Bras, and they too are a struggle the first time. After they stretch a bit on the car, they become easier to remove and replace. The first time, I heat the bra in the sun or dryer so it stretches easier. Just don't leave the bra on the car if it gets wet. Allowing it to dry, traps moisture, and can damage the paint.<p>A lot of people don't like bras on cars because it may actually damage the finish if dirt gets under it. I've been using them now for 20 years and never had a problem...if you are careful!<br>

Joe Melchiorre
04-08-1999, 07:04 AM
I talked to a guy at Invincashield, and they have kits for E46's now. Invincashield is a set of clear, 3 mil thick pieces that are placed on your car. Supposedly they can be removed without any damage. Kits ran from around $200 for the basic 5 piece kit to about $500 for the deluxe plus kit, which had 19 pieces (I think). Let me know if you want the URL for the site.<p><i>: A person at Quality Imports told me that the BMW nose mask (82 11 1 470 412) is a struggle to put on.<br>: Any truth to that?<br>: If so, what is a good alternative and its cost?<p>: nh<p></i>

nh
04-08-1999, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.<p>IMO, Invincashield is too expensive for what you get.<br>I have a black car and the nose mask will be almost invisible against it.<br>The BMW store has the Colgan for $105 versus the BMW one for about $70.<p>nh<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index