Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Impatient
04-07-1999, 06:29 PM
My E46 is just about complete and should be put on the boat this week or next(at the latest). Does anyone know how long it takes the car to get to a dealership in southern california from the day it's put on the boat.(i.e. travel time plus time at the port). I'm getting extremely impatient because of the fact I put my order in at the mid/end of January and there is still no E46 in my driveway.

chris
04-07-1999, 06:39 PM
<i>: My E46 is just about complete and should be put on the boat this week or next(at the latest). Does anyone know how long it takes the car to get to a dealership in southern california from the day it's put on the boat.(i.e. travel time plus time at the port). I'm getting extremely impatient because of the fact I put my order in at the mid/end of January and there is still no E46 in my driveway. <p></i>hi, my 328i was ordered on Jan 29, and my dealer informed me that it's going to be here on 4/21.<p>chris

Rick Houston
04-07-1999, 06:43 PM
Jason, I just checked the status board; your car is coming in on the ship "Medea", due to port on the 21st of April. I already have it slated for the VPC to expedite it as soon as they get it.<br>Sincerely,<br>Rick

Jon Shafer
04-07-1999, 06:52 PM
<i>: My E46 is just about complete and should be put on the boat this week or next(at the latest). Does anyone know how long it takes the car to get to a dealership in southern california from the day it's put on the boat.(i.e. travel time plus time at the port). I'm getting extremely impatient because of the fact I put my order in at the mid/end of January and there is still no E46 in my driveway. <p></i>: Approx 3-4 weeks... Hang in there! If you've waited this long, you're in the "home stretch" now. It will be worth the wait. -Jon

Impatient
04-07-1999, 07:15 PM
<i>: Jason, I just checked the status board; your car is coming in on the ship "Medea", due to port on the 21st of April. I already have it slated for the VPC to expedite it as soon as they get it.<br>: Sincerely,<br>: Rick <p></i>

Rick Houston
04-07-1999, 07:36 PM
<i>: : Jason, I just checked the status board; your car is coming in on the ship "Medea", due to port on the 21st of April. I already have it slated for the VPC to expedite it as soon as they get it.<br>: : Sincerely,<br>: : Rick <p></i>

ian
04-07-1999, 08:13 PM
Can you check if Asian Breeze has docked at Port Hueneme? How long does it usually take to unload the car, process customs, and put it on a truck for a hot car?<p>Thanks much!

Jon S
04-08-1999, 12:04 AM
<i>: Can you check if Asian Breeze has docked at Port Hueneme? How long does it usually take to unload the car, process customs, and put it on a truck for a hot car?<p>: Thanks much!<p></i>: It's my day off today. If you call me toll-free tomorrow @ (800)676-1595 I can check to see if the boat's in... Cars marked hot are usually released to Waggoners trucking within 36 hours.<br>From that point, the transporter is 48 "working hours" (weekdays) away. Hold tight, and get ready... -Jon

DK
04-08-1999, 08:11 AM
What does it take for a car to be marked "hot"? Does this timing apply to east coast arrivals as well?<p><i>: : Can you check if Asian Breeze has docked at Port Hueneme? How long does it usually take to unload the car, process customs, and put it on a truck for a hot car?<p>: : Thanks much!<p>: : It's my day off today. If you call me toll-free tomorrow @ (800)676-1595 I can check to see if the boat's in... Cars marked hot are usually released to Waggoners trucking within 36 hours.<br>: From that point, the transporter is 48 "working hours" (weekdays) away. Hold tight, and get ready... -Jon <p></i>

Scott C.
04-08-1999, 11:42 AM
<i>Does anyone know how long it takes the car to get to a dealership in southern california from the day it's put on the boat</i><p>It's very easy:<p>Time To Delivery (TTD) := (time to order) + (time queued for assembly) + (time assembly) + (time at port) + (time on ship) + (time at prep center) + (time on highway) + (time dealer waits to call) + log(time drive to dealership).<p>It's a very simple equation. Just plug in the numbers and you will have the answer you desire. (hint: for your purposes the first 4 variables are 0)<p>Scott C.

Rick Houston
04-08-1999, 11:56 AM
Hi, Ian:<br>Talked to Kevin at the port this morning: he said the Asian Breeze will arrive on the 14th, and for you to expect the car at the dealer 7-10 days thereafter.<br>Hope this helps.<br>Rick

ian
04-08-1999, 12:02 PM
nt

Waiting
04-08-1999, 03:02 PM
<i>: According to the schedule on the Wallenius web site (see link) the ASIAN BREEZE 0167 should be discharging in PORT HUENEME 4/8. The PERSEUS LEADER 0002 on 4/10 and the DON CARLOS 0019 on 4/13.<br></i>

Rick Houston
04-08-1999, 03:25 PM
I called Kevin this morning and asked him when the Asian Breeze would be arriving; he told me on the 14th, and since he's the port manager, I'm certainly not going to second-guess him. Could he be wrong? Sure, but so could the shipping dates you mentioned. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I've got to go with what the people say who are actually involved in the process.<br>Take care, Rick

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index