Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

SK
04-08-1999, 12:28 AM
I have a 323i with Premium, but cannot find how to turn the ambiance lighting on, nor how to set it (intensity, etc.). Maybe you guys can help instead me going to the dealers.<p>PS. - I've checked the archive and could not find anything.

Ralph
04-08-1999, 02:22 AM
the "ambiance lighting" turns on when your low beams are turned on. you see those two very small orange lights near your map lights by the rear view mirrow...well...those are it. <p>well, that's what my dealer told me at least. if you find any new discoveries, let me know.<p>ralph.

Chris
04-08-1999, 08:48 AM
<i>: the "ambiance lighting" turns on when your low beams are turned on. you see those two very small orange lights near your map lights by the rear view mirrow...well...those are it. <p>: well, that's what my dealer told me at least. if you find any new discoveries, let me know.<p>: ralph.<p><br></i> The ambiance lighting intensity is also controlled by the dial that controls the dash lighting.

Drivin Dude
04-08-1999, 11:38 AM
If all your night driving is in the city, then you probably won't recognize the ambience lighting. In a darker environment, the ambience lighting is more apparent. BTW, it is way cool.

ScottKag
04-08-1999, 12:33 PM
Not as cool as the lighted shift knob in the "M" cars...<p><i>: If all your night driving is in the city, then you probably won't recognize the ambience lighting. In a darker environment, the ambience lighting is more apparent. BTW, it is way cool.<p></i>

Brad D
04-08-1999, 04:21 PM
<i>: the "ambiance lighting" turns on when your low beams are turned on. you see those two very small orange lights near your map lights by the rear view mirrow...well...those are it. <br></i><p>Yes, this is the ambiance lighting. However, there are some differences between the 328 and 323 fittings. I thought that only the 328 has the ambiance lighting (not the 323). Also, the interior lights (e.g. rear reading lights) are supposedly also different between the 323 and 328.<p>Brad D

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index