Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

db
04-08-1999, 12:57 AM
<i>...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<br></i>

Joe Melchiorre
04-08-1999, 06:54 AM
I just had my titanium silver 323 tinted with 35% 3M film. It looks good. You can still see in (a little), but with a black interior and living in Florida, it made a big difference in interior temperature.<p><i>: ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i>

TD
04-08-1999, 11:12 AM
The lower the number, the darker it is? Or is it the opposite?<br>I'm looking for a tint similar to the silver E46 on the BMW brochure. Dark enough but you can still see in. What would that be?<p><br><i>: ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i>

Willy
04-08-1999, 11:20 AM
<i>: The lower the number, the darker it is? Or is it the opposite?<br>: I'm looking for a tint similar to the silver E46 on the BMW brochure. Dark enough but you can still see in. What would that be?<p>: <br>: : ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i>

[+]!
04-08-1999, 11:25 AM
the tint number is percent transmittance, so the lower the number, the lower the amount of light that is let in. So 35% would be what you are looking for. 15% is black, but you can still barely see in. 5% is basically opaque limo tint<p><br><i>: : The lower the number, the darker it is? Or is it the opposite?<br>: : I'm looking for a tint similar to the silver E46 on the BMW brochure. Dark enough but you can still see in. What would that be?<br>: : <br>: : : ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i>

Dana
04-08-1999, 01:02 PM
<i>: ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i><br>Believe it or not, the interior color will affect how dark the tint "looks". A black interior will make the tint look darker than a light color interior.<p>We have run 35% on all the side windows with 20% on only the rear window glass on our last 4 cars and love it. It is dark enough to keep the car cooler and light enough to see through (so you don't attract attention TOO much).

Neptunus
04-08-1999, 03:34 PM
nt

HAHA
04-08-1999, 05:05 PM
<i>: ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p></i><p>Probably 80% of the people here have Silver E46.. HAHA

CD3
04-08-1999, 07:32 PM
<br>: ...tint their car with 35%? How did it look? I had a 325i that was tinted with 15% and you wouldn't believe how many people said I looked like a drug dealer. I think I'd like to avoid that this time out, but I really love tint. Any help?? thanx...<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index