Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike Derucki
04-09-1999, 09:26 AM
I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered.

LLW
04-09-1999, 10:05 AM
<i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>I have silver... It is absoulutely beautiful.. Go Silver..<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p><br></i>

Jon
04-09-1999, 10:19 AM
<i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>I just got a silver 328i sport. I think it looks terrific with the black interior. Previously I've had a white GSR and a silver Supra. In my opinion, the white is harder to keep clean or said another way, when the white is dirty it is much more obvious than when the silver is dirty. One negative I found with the silver Supra was that the silver color faded some over time; didn't find that was true with the white on the GSR. I'm new to BMW so I don't know how their paint colors hold up over time. Some of you more experienced types out there might want to comment on this. I guess the other pro of white is that you don't have to pay the extra money for metallic paint.

fds
04-09-1999, 10:24 AM
But if you're going with metallic, I would give serious consideration to steel blue. It actually looks better in daylight than in the showroom (not true for bright red) and the color grows on you, so you like it even more after each passing day. If forced to choose between white and silver I would pick white. <p>White is indestructible and never ages. White is $500 cheaper. Some of the best looking BMWs I've ever seen are white M3s with clear lenses and aftermarket wheels.<p><i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>

Jacamo
04-09-1999, 10:39 AM
Now sir,<p>Dis is not so difficult:<p>If you want to drive dis car here dat will make people to cry and nash der teeth when you drive by. <p>If you want dis car here to make childean scream where like my son Gnish (yes, dis one who was kicked in da head by our sacred cow) did when he went stupid.<p>If you want to change dat dirty evil American white color to beige because it is so crap and from de pit of da Underworld itself, and want to pay to have id painted and da suinroof removed, den don't let poor Jacamo stop you from gedding dis devil car.<p>Odderwise, get de Silver.<p>J.

out who you really were? (nm)
04-09-1999, 10:48 AM
<i>: Now sir,<p><br></i>

DAVID
04-09-1999, 10:49 AM
<i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>

DAVID
04-09-1999, 10:55 AM
<ts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>OK BOTH ARE GREAT; HOWEVER, PATTY HAS ALWAYS<br>BOUGHT WHITE CARS IN THE PAST, WHEN WE LOOKED AT<br>THE NEW 323I WE BOUGHT THE TI SILVER.. THE WHITE<br>WAS TOO BLAH AND DIDN'T SHOW THIS CARS' GREAT LOOKS AND THE LINES.. PS. PATTY LOVES THIS CAR...

Jacamo
04-09-1999, 10:55 AM
Dear kind Kojak detective,<p>Da point is not to be funny kind sir. Der is no way, since I tink dat you have cornered da market on dat one.<p>Da point is to remember dat white is so crap.<p>Many years after dear old Jacamo is passed, and dat der 11 year olds is finally old enough to drive, ju will all still know dat when you see a white devil car (don't start me wid da sunroof crap), dat you will remember de wise words of one poor Bangladeshi.<p>Do not attack me kind sir because of odder's bad taste.<p>J.

Gilbert
04-09-1999, 11:06 AM
I love white cars. Only thing is, a white car looks clean only after it has been washed. It shows dirt, salt, etc. much too easy. Silver is a little more forgiving. It still shows dirt, but less so than maybe any other color the car is available in. Silver also looks good. I was choosing between steel blue and silver. The steel blue was just a bit too blue for me. Probably the most popular color for the E46 is silver, so if you want to be more unique, get the white. Like someone else said, white will save you $500. There has also bee a rumor going around that the silver paint chips easily, but this may apply to all colors.

you are a retard
04-09-1999, 11:55 AM
<i>: Now sir,<p>: Dis is not so difficult:<p>: If you want to drive dis car here dat will make people to cry and nash der teeth when you drive by. <p>: If you want dis car here to make childean scream where like my son Gnish (yes, dis one who was kicked in da head by our sacred cow) did when he went stupid.<p>: If you want to change dat dirty evil American white color to beige because it is so crap and from de pit of da Underworld itself, and want to pay to have id painted and da suinroof removed, den don't let poor Jacamo stop you from gedding dis devil car.<p>: Odderwise, get de Silver.<p>: J.<p></i>

me
04-09-1999, 01:07 PM
any of your business. Just imagine if you had a complaint and he responds with this Bangladesh crap.<p><i>: Now sir,<p>: Dis is not so difficult:<p>: If you want to drive dis car here dat will make people to cry and nash der teeth when you drive by. <p>: If you want dis car here to make childean scream where like my son Gnish (yes, dis one who was kicked in da head by our sacred cow) did when he went stupid.<p>: If you want to change dat dirty evil American white color to beige because it is so crap and from de pit of da Underworld itself, and want to pay to have id painted and da suinroof removed, den don't let poor Jacamo stop you from gedding dis devil car.<p>: Odderwise, get de Silver.<p>: J.<p></i>

Jay K
04-09-1999, 01:37 PM
<i>: I love white cars. Only thing is, a white car looks clean only after it has been washed. It shows dirt, salt, etc. much too easy. Silver is a little more forgiving. <br></i><p>My experiences have been much different. I used to have a white Integra, and it seemed to stay pretty clean looking. When I traded it in on a dark-green Integra, it looked much dirtier. Kind of counter-intuitive, but I think white is actually one of the 'cleaner' looking colors, while the dark colors (black, dark green/blue) show the dirt pretty easily. I presently have a silver 323i, which does seem to stay pretty clean looking (and just plain looks better than the white, IMHO).<p><br>

[+]!
04-09-1999, 01:38 PM
<i>: Now sir,<p>: Dis is not so difficult:<p>: If you want to drive dis car here dat will make people to cry and nash der teeth when you drive by. <p>: If you want dis car here to make childean scream where like my son Gnish (yes, dis one who was kicked in da head by our sacred cow) did when he went stupid.<p>: If you want to change dat dirty evil American white color to beige because it is so crap and from de pit of da Underworld itself, and want to pay to have id painted and da suinroof removed, den don't let poor Jacamo stop you from gedding dis devil car.<p>: Odderwise, get de Silver.<p>: J.<p></i>

Jacamo
04-09-1999, 02:26 PM
Dear kind [+]!,<p>As you know, poor Jacamo is busy painting his car beige and getting that sunroof out. Der is no time to be racing my car, so I am not a "racist."<p>Also, it is de cow whish is sacred to poor old Jacamo. De Jewish people, dey are de ones to have de problems wid de pig.<p>Dear sir, I am from Bangladesh, not Bethlehem.<p>J.

Nick S.
04-09-1999, 02:35 PM
Go with silver. It's the most popular color for a reason... IT LOOKS GREAT! Everyone who has seen my silver 328 says they love the color.

save you $475
04-09-1999, 02:40 PM
<i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>

Doogie
04-09-1999, 02:48 PM
I have a white 323i with the sport package, HK, In-dash CD, moonroof, and grey leather. My personal opinion is that this car is beautiful - every bit as beautiful as the common silver. If you want to be a little bit different, save a few bucks, and still have an absolutely gorgeous car then go for the white. You won't regret it. Again, this is my personal opinion.<p>Who is this bizarre character, Jacamo, anyway? I think his name should be simply "Jackass".<p>Doug

DT
04-09-1999, 03:02 PM
<i>: Dear kind [+]!,<p>: As you know, poor Jacamo is busy painting his car beige and getting that sunroof out. Der is no time to be racing my car, so I am not a "racist."<p>: Also, it is de cow whish is sacred to poor old Jacamo. De Jewish people, dey are de ones to have de problems wid de pig.<p>: Dear sir, I am from Bangladesh, not Bethlehem.<p>: J.<p></i>

Alex
04-09-1999, 05:46 PM
I don't care if his name is John or Jacamo, he is a riot and he cracks me up all the time. We need some humor on this board too. BTW, John/Jacamo, say hi to your son Gnish. I hope his head is healed now from that terrible "cow incident". <p>Keep up the good work Jacamo. I need a good laugh every now and then. BTW, I tried to take my sunroof out, but the rain caused a big puddle in my front seat. What do I do? Get a bucket? <p>:-)<p>Alex

t time. Now it's just stupid. NT
04-09-1999, 06:31 PM
<i>: I don't care if his name is John or Jacamo, he is a riot and he cracks me up all the time. We need some humor on this board too. BTW, John/Jacamo, say hi to your son Gnish. I hope his head is healed now from that terrible "cow incident". <p>: Keep up the good work Jacamo. I need a good laugh every now and then. BTW, I tried to take my sunroof out, but the rain caused a big puddle in my front seat. What do I do? Get a bucket? <p>: :-)<p>: Alex<p></i>

Funny every time
04-09-1999, 08:06 PM
<i>: I don't care if his name is John or Jacamo, he is a riot and he cracks me up all the time. We need some humor on this board too. BTW, John/Jacamo, say hi to your son Gnish. I hope his head is healed now from that terrible "cow incident". <p>: Keep up the good work Jacamo. I need a good laugh every now and then. BTW, I tried to take my sunroof out, but the rain caused a big puddle in my front seat. What do I do? Get a bucket? <p>: :-)<p>: Alex<p></i>

GO JACAMO
04-09-1999, 08:09 PM
<i>: Dear kind Kojak detective,<p>: Da point is not to be funny kind sir. Der is no way, since I tink dat you have cornered da market on dat one.<p>: Da point is to remember dat white is so crap.<p>: Many years after dear old Jacamo is passed, and dat der 11 year olds is finally old enough to drive, ju will all still know dat when you see a white devil car (don't start me wid da sunroof crap), dat you will remember de wise words of one poor Bangladeshi.<p>: Do not attack me kind sir because of odder's bad taste.<p>: J. <p></i>

kl
04-10-1999, 12:23 AM
<i>: used car buyers love silver. white implies the base "no frills" model. on a 323i, you are buying the "base, no frills" model of BMW, so white will reinforce that notion. the lack of chrome, etc. to dress it up adds to the "Amana White" characteristic given to stripped cars.<p>But please avoid silver, i'm sick of seeing my car all around town.<br></i>

DrBimmer
04-10-1999, 10:11 AM
In my opinion, I have never been a fan of "light silver" cars, and I feel the Titanium Silver is TOO light for my tastes. It is a gorgeous color, don't get me wrong, but not only is it very common, but it is also a light color, I have had family tell me the silver looks like "dirty white". I love Steel Blue, and if it wasn't for my uncle buying his 320D in that color, I would have gotten it too! (I dont mind that we both have E46s, but I think I would feel funny driving the identical color as his, just my opinion)<p>Now for Alpine White. I really like it, that is why I got it. It is beautiful, and gives the car a very elegant appearance. I miss the fact it is not metallic, but at least I saved $475!!<p>My most favorite color for this car would be a dark grey metallic, like Aspen Silver. If they made that color available on E46s, that would even surpass Steel Blue and Alpine White on my list. <p>Just my opinion<p><br> <i>: I'm going nuts deciding between a Ti Silver or Alpine White 323i Sport. All opinions are welcome, even if you think white is crap.<p>: And yes, I know some will say this is a personal <br>: decison that I have to make on my own, blah blah blah, but I just wonder if there's pros and/or cons to these colors that I haven't considered. <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index