Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ausgang
04-09-1999, 05:51 PM
<br>I still don't know if my 328 'made the ship'. Of course, not being a shipping expert, I'm not 100% sure that's the right ship --- but it is listed like it is.<br>Ian seems to have this shipping thing figured out. Am I right? or Dreaming?<p>www.wlna.com/wna/on/online.html

Rick Houston
04-09-1999, 06:21 PM
Hi, Dave:<br>If you'll send me the particulars of your car (Serial #, dealer you bought from, color,etc.), I'll track down what ship it's on, and what the eta is.<br>BTW, did you get my book? The Demming book is great--and saw a piece on PBS yesterday about him.<br>Take care, Rick

Ausgang
04-10-1999, 04:10 PM
<i>: Hi, Dave:<br>: If you'll send me the particulars of your car (Serial #, dealer you bought from, color,etc.), I'll track down what ship it's on, and what the eta is.<br>: BTW, did you get my book? The Demming book is great--and saw a piece on PBS yesterday about him.<br>: Take care, Rick<p></i> Dealer is Otto's in West Chester, PA. Serial No. is FR10362, Orient Blue. Here's the information exactly as it appears on the sheet Otto's provided to me yesturday:<p>Model Code: 9942<br>Model Description: 328i<br>Serial Number: FR10362<br>Prod Number: 6337993<br>Ext Code: 0317<br>Int Code: N6TT<br>Chargeable Options: 0205, 0465, 0494, 0522, 0662, 0674, 0912, 0929<br>Ord Prt: 1<br>Produced Date: 04/01/1999<p>Nothing appears under 'EST Depart Date' even though other cars on the same page produced as late as 3/29/99 show 04/06/99.<p>Glad you like the Deming Book. I'm a few chapters into your book as well --- and it's a refreshing break from my typical reading material.<p>Rick, is there any truth to the statement made by my dealer that some 'select' dealerships are beta-testing the new BMW car ordering and tracking system? Supposedly, it prioritizes customer-ordered cars over standard 'for stock' orders from dealers. <br>So far it seems true, I didn't order my car until the second week of March, and it originally showed an 'AG Est Prod' of 4/15/99, yet it was produced on 4/1.<br>IMO, if BMW could find a way to have 'customer-specific' cars routinely produced, shipped, and delivered in six weeks or less they would be on to something. As many of us are more than just 'car buyers', the ability to have exactly what we want (individualized)seems important.

Rick Houston
04-10-1999, 11:28 PM
You know, Dave....I don't have a clue about that; let me talk with Joe (manager) on Monday and I'll see if he knows anything about it.<br>Also, I'll keep looking for info on your car--and I'll send it along as soon as I know something.<br>Regards,<br>Rick

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index