Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

richard m. nixon
04-09-1999, 11:12 PM
Hi, I just picked my E46 328 with sport/prem. today. It's a dream - a real improvement over my old e36. I was wondering -<br>I've heard you are not supposed to wax your car for the first several months - true?<p>Is there a break in period for the engine - if so how long?<p>Thanx...

Bruce
04-09-1999, 11:37 PM
<i>: Hi, I just picked my E46 328 with sport/prem. today. It's a dream - a real improvement over my old e36. I was wondering -<br>: I've heard you are not supposed to wax your car for the first several months - true?</i><p>I don't believe it<p><i>: Is there a break in period for the engine - if so how long?</i><p>tricky ****, it is in the manual (may also be on the tapes unless that part of your tape has been erased :)<p>Bruce

Jim
04-10-1999, 01:46 AM
<i>: Hi, I just picked my E46 328 with sport/prem. today. It's a dream - a real improvement over my old e36. I was wondering -<br>: I've heard you are not supposed to wax your car for the first several months - true?<p>: Is there a break in period for the engine - if so how long?<p>: Thanx...<p></i>First 1200 miles: no full throttle; max 4500 rpm & 100 mph...then gently increasing.<p>Cars with clear coat finishes can be waxed immediately; no waiting.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index