Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jas
04-10-1999, 07:17 PM
OK... I just got back from a local dealer and here was the bottom line. First, the car, a 323i, had to be ordered b/c we only wanted the sport package, in-dash cd and metallic paint (not many of those around). Bottom line was 29,4xx which is roughly $2,600 over invoice. Said this was the absolute lowest he could go. Also, he required a $1,000 deposit which was non-negotiable. I thought most dealers asked for $500. Anyway, is this a little high? It seems to be considering the $1,500-2,000 over invoice most people are getting. Also, is the deposit a little steep? Thanks for any remarks! <p>Jason

Ausgang
04-10-1999, 09:16 PM
<i>: OK... I just got back from a local dealer and here was the bottom line. First, the car, a 323i, had to be ordered b/c we only wanted the sport package, in-dash cd and metallic paint (not many of those around). Bottom line was 29,4xx which is roughly $2,600 over invoice. Said this was the absolute lowest he could go. Also, he required a $1,000 deposit which was non-negotiable. I thought most dealers asked for $500. Anyway, is this a little high? It seems to be considering the $1,500-2,000 over invoice most people are getting. Also, is the deposit a little steep? Thanks for any remarks! <p>: Jason <p></i> 2.6k over invoice is a touch high, but if you really like the dealer and the car, it's not that bad. A 'non-negotiable' deposit of $1,000 sounds like total bull to me though. It's not like the dealer couldn't sell the car if you walked away, and that's really what deposits are supposed to protect them from ---- somewhat. IMO

Dave N
04-11-1999, 01:06 AM
<br>The nonrefundable deposit is not really what it implies. It is illegal not to refund you the deposit. What it means is that the dealer will hold the deposit until it sells the car to someone else if you don't want the car.<p>I put the deposit on my credit card. I guess I can ask for a charge back later.<p>Also, if you can't negotiate for a lower price (I think you can get it down to $2000 over invoice), at least ask for free floor mats.<p><br>

DrBimmer
04-11-1999, 06:21 AM
My dealer ordered my 323i Sport for a small deposit of $100 (yes, 1 hundred, not 1 thousand) I guess it helps I ordered the car last day of January about 1 hour before closing. I probably would have given a larger deposit, but wasn't planning on buying that day, I was just so surprised to get the deal I got (about 1500 over in a state wioth two dealers that are owned by the same guy)<p><p><p><i>: OK... I just got back from a local dealer and here was the bottom line. First, the car, a 323i, had to be ordered b/c we only wanted the sport package, in-dash cd and metallic paint (not many of those around). Bottom line was 29,4xx which is roughly $2,600 over invoice. Said this was the absolute lowest he could go. Also, he required a $1,000 deposit which was non-negotiable. I thought most dealers asked for $500. Anyway, is this a little high? It seems to be considering the $1,500-2,000 over invoice most people are getting. Also, is the deposit a little steep? Thanks for any remarks! <p>: Jason <p></i>

ScotM
04-11-1999, 10:29 AM
Ordered mine (323i, Metallic Paint, Sport Package, Leather, Wood Trim, Moonroof, In-Dash CD) for $1750 over invoice & $200 deposit. Ordered the car from a MA dealer and should get it in May.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index