Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill
04-12-1999, 08:04 AM
I have a 323i with the optional heated door mirrors,<br>I have notice the mirrors are heated all the time even with the outside temp around 85 degrees. I believe that there should be a temp. senser switch that should turn them off after a certain temp.. Has anyone else hade this same problem.

Gilbert
04-12-1999, 08:16 AM
They are only supposed to activate at 37F or lower. Maybe your sensor is broken. I'd take it to the dealer.

Nick S.
04-12-1999, 12:07 PM
Is there any indication other than the computer beep at 37F which tells you that the mirrors are <br>being heated? I haven't noticed any in my car.

Gilbert
04-12-1999, 12:18 PM
Just the beep. And (according to the manual/video) the beep is to alert you to icy road surfaces. Of course, it can be used to know that the mirrors are now on. Mostly the mirrors are 'silent' technology.

steve
04-12-1999, 12:32 PM
I picked up my new 323i 4dr on 4/3/99 and have had at least 2 occasions when the outside mirrors heated up automatically in the morning. In both cases the temp indicator inside did flash and warn the 37 degrees .... if the mirrors come on at other times how did you know (without melting frost, etc.?)Let me know how you're enjoying it!

EricY
04-12-1999, 01:58 PM
The manual only says it turns on according to outside temperature but never mentioned any values. Here in Northern California my mirrors self heat even when the temperature is in the mid 50s. The only hassle I find is cleaning hard water stains off.<br><i>: I have a 323i with the optional heated door mirrors,<br>: I have notice the mirrors are heated all the time even with the outside temp around 85 degrees. I believe that there should be a temp. senser switch that should turn them off after a certain temp.. Has anyone else hade this same problem.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index