Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

TT
04-13-1999, 01:37 AM
Who know what difference between DSC and ASC ?

Andi
04-13-1999, 02:02 AM
ASC is just traction control - if you give it too much gas and it starts spinning a tire or two, it will reduce engine power and maybe apply the brake(s) to that/those wheel(s).<p>DSC is a stability control system that monitors your steering inputs and uses an accelerometers and yaw sensors. Basically, it determines what <i>you want the car to be doing</i> and compares it to what the car is <i>actually doing</i> and adjusts for any discrpancy between these two parameters.<p><i>: Who know what difference between DSC and ASC ?<p></i>

Preston
04-13-1999, 07:51 AM
<br>ASC does essentially three things:<p>First, it uses the brakes to control tire spin independantly for the rear.<p>Second, if the braking doesn't work sufficiently it will reduce fuel flow to the engine.<p>Third, if it senses oversteer (as in when you are going around a corner on a slippery day and let off the gas), it will automatically try and compensate by INCREASING the power going to the rear wheels.

Ming
04-13-1999, 02:00 PM
<i>: <br>: ASC does essentially three things:<p>: First, it uses the brakes to control tire spin independantly for the rear.<p>: Second, if the braking doesn't work sufficiently it will reduce fuel flow to the engine.<p>: Third, if it senses oversteer (as in when you are going around a corner on a slippery day and let off the gas), it will automatically try and compensate by INCREASING the power going to the rear wheels.<p></i>

Bryan
04-13-1999, 02:30 PM
I thought the third point (that the car will actually accelerate in a given situation) was just a rumor. Where did you see this documented? Something about a car accelerating by itself seems unsettling....<p><br><i>: <br>: ASC does essentially three things:<p>: First, it uses the brakes to control tire spin independantly for the rear.<p>: Second, if the braking doesn't work sufficiently it will reduce fuel flow to the engine.<p>: Third, if it senses oversteer (as in when you are going around a corner on a slippery day and let off the gas), it will automatically try and compensate by INCREASING the power going to the rear wheels.<p></i>

Preston
04-13-1999, 03:39 PM
<br>is not just a basic throttle control traction system.

Preston
04-13-1999, 03:49 PM
<br>a conversation with Jim Conforti about how and when the ASC operates and its usefulness (or lack there of) in high speed situations.

Preston
04-13-1999, 03:50 PM
<i>: <br>: is not just a basic throttle control traction system.<p></i>

Bryan
04-13-1999, 07:53 PM
<i>: <br>: a conversation with Jim Conforti about how and when the ASC operates and its usefulness (or lack there of) in high speed situations.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index