Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

PaulP(UK) '90 730iSE
09-03-2001, 03:40 AM
Hey guys,<br>I didn't think I'd stir up such a hornets nest with such an innocent question! Thanks for all the replies anyway, both objective and critical. It made for some interesting reading. Fortunately I have non-electric seats, so maybe one day, just for the sheer hell of it, I'll take a look in the treasure chest that is the under-seat well!!!<br>Thanks again.<br>Paul.

David Morton
09-03-2001, 05:11 AM
<i>Under there!!!And its a PIG to Wrestle With...Especially on a hot Suumers Day, Lost 3st in Weight Trying To Replace My Battery,It Gave out during Summer Which wasn't to bad, But I'd a NICE RED Chevron Round my waist where the Sun Toasted me!!!(T Shirt rode up During the battle!!)<p>Good Luck<p>Have a Great Day On The 9th!!!!<p><p>Dave M<br>Hey guys,<br>I didn't think I'd stir up such a hornets nest with such an innocent question! Thanks for all the replies anyway, both objective and critical. It made for some interesting reading. Fortunately I have non-electric seats, so maybe one day, just for the sheer hell of it, I'll take a look in the treasure chest that is the under-seat well!!!<br>Thanks again.<br>Paul.<p></i><br>

Henkka 750i
09-03-2001, 04:48 PM
About removing the non-electric one:<p>1) Sip the first beer. Have another one if you feel like it.<br>2) make sure the former owner has removed any possible screws or bolts<br>3) Another beer would be nice...<br>4) Grab the seat by its lower edge at the center of the passenger side and yank it up in one very violent fashion.<br>5) Certainly you deserve a beer in-between work phases!<br>6) Now go yank the seat edge upwards from the drivers side, just like you did on the passenger side.<br>7) Whaddya know, now the seat is off and is hanging from your hand. <br>8) It is always nice to have a cold lager beer or two to congratulate one of a job well done.<p>And there we go, for this 5 second operation you can actually spend an entire afternoon and a sixpack. It would be nice to have another BMW enthusiast (and another sixpack) to... err... "assist" at least on the "sip a beer and chat about cars and women" -part. <p>If you feel that having a rear seat is more necessary than "rapid access to an important service area" then you might forget "the major design flaw" and reinstall the rear seat simply by putting it back in place and then sitting on each halve until it snaps right back on. Just make sure the seat is correctly in place first. <br>Oh, and have some lager if you have any left. After all, that's what DIY sunday car fixing is all about. Tell your wife you have just saved $2000 by changing the worn-out Alusil piston return spring valve guides yourself and that next weekend you're going to replace the semiexhaust manifold volume control bearings which is going to take all night with Joe helping but luckily this will spare another $500 in labour...<p>Henkka<br>a DIYer in the land of world's greatest lager beer

PaulP(UK) '90 730iSE
09-04-2001, 02:19 AM
<i><br>Thanks Henkka,<br>Sounds like a day to end all days!<br>Paul.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index