Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

George
09-03-2001, 05:49 PM
Just today my driver door automatic door lock system failed. All other doors respond to the remote and open and close as the ignition is switched off. What is It ?? Help.I'm guessing it is a relay.

mtboas
09-05-2001, 12:18 AM
<i><br>Just today my driver door automatic door lock system failed. All other doors respond to the remote and open and close as the ignition is switched off. What is It ?? Help.I'm guessing it is a relay.<p></i><br>Hello George,<br> <br>I had the same problem about a year ago with my 1988 735i. Apparently, the problem I had began with the seat belt catching in the door latch as the driver's door closed. The door would close, but not lock after that. I then talked to the person I purchased the car from and he said that he also once had the same problem. He took it to the dealer and watched as the mechanic took the key, inserted it into the door lock and turned it firmly to the right. He repeated this process a few times and the door lock corrected itself. I tried this and it indeed worked. Just be careful not to overdo the force on the key.<br> <br>Hope this works for you.<br> <br>Best Regards,<br> <br>Mike

george
09-05-2001, 08:49 PM
<i>Thanks Mike. I took the door apart and found a linkage at the bottom of the door that had fallen off. I'm trying to figure out how to put it back together. <p>Just today my driver door automatic door lock system failed. All other doors respond to the remote and open and close as the ignition is switched off. What is It ?? Help.I'm guessing it is a relay.<p><br>Hello George,<br> <br>I had the same problem about a year ago with my 1988 735i. Apparently, the problem I had began with the seat belt catching in the door latch as the driver's door closed. The door would close, but not lock after that. I then talked to the person I purchased the car from and he said that he also once had the same problem. He took it to the dealer and watched as the mechanic took the key, inserted it into the door lock and turned it firmly to the right. He repeated this process a few times and the door lock corrected itself. I tried this and it indeed worked. Just be careful not to overdo the force on the key.<br> <br>Hope this works for you.<br> <br>Best Regards,<br> <br>Mike<p><p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index