Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jerrold
09-04-2001, 09:23 PM
Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?

Greg G
09-04-2001, 10:01 PM
Bought a head from them 2 years ago for an E30, still running strong.<p><i><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p></i><br>

Mark Petry
09-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Bought a complete M70 V12 from them, very impressed with the service and (so far) the rebuild. The engine is dyno run of course, comes complete with filters and installation kit, my mechanic also thought it was a 1st class operation. Highly recommended.<p>markp<br>90 750iL<br>Bainbridge Island, WA<p><br><i><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p></i><br>

Henry J
09-04-2001, 10:25 PM
And what was wrong with yours? Just wanted to know if there was something we could do to prolong our current motor.When did yours die,uh, cease to function(mileage)?<br>Thanks,<br>Henry<br>89 750iL 171K<br><i><br>Bought a complete M70 V12 from them, very impressed with the service and (so far) the rebuild. The engine is dyno run of course, comes complete with filters and installation kit, my mechanic also thought it was a 1st class operation. Highly recommended.<p>markp<br>90 750iL<br>Bainbridge Island, WA<p><p>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p><br></i><br>

Mark Petry
09-05-2001, 08:18 AM
Ran great till overheat at 115K. Had a "weeping" head gasket however... a small drip. <p>After overheating, removed valve cover and found broken head bolt, head gasket blown, and water in the oil. New bavarian engine was 6500, plus 1000 core deposit, and about 2800 to install. I also added all coolant hoses, distributor caps/rotors, plug wires, and all fuel lines new. So about 10000 by the time it got finished.<p>Still reasonable considering I got the car from my dad for FREE, he replaced it with an MB 600SEL.<p>markp<br>90 750iL<br>Bainbridge Island, WA<p><i><br>And what was wrong with yours? Just wanted to know if there was something we could do to prolong our current motor.When did yours die,uh, cease to function(mileage)?<br>Thanks,<br>Henry<br>89 750iL 171K<p>Bought a complete M70 V12 from them, very impressed with the service and (so far) the rebuild. The engine is dyno run of course, comes complete with filters and installation kit, my mechanic also thought it was a 1st class operation. Highly recommended.<p>markp<br>90 750iL<br>Bainbridge Island, WA<p><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p><br></i><br>

David F
09-05-2001, 08:25 AM
Last month I bought a rebuilt cylinder head for my E24. I told them I needed it on a certain day and it did not show up. So I called them and they had it sitting on the shipping floor, uncrated. I suggested they then ship it overnight (78 lbs) at thier expense. They grumbled a little, but ultimately did the right thing and shipped overnight at their expense.<p>I have not finished the engine, but the head looks fabulous. They even included the upper timing chain cover bolted the head and milled to match the head. Very cool indeed!<p><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p></i><br>

George Mann
09-05-2001, 03:31 PM
<i><br>the rebuilt head?..any special mod's..does it<br>have a new or reconditioned camshaft?<br>Thanks,<br>George<br>90 735il/145K<p>Last month I bought a rebuilt cylinder head for my E24. I told them I needed it on a certain day and it did not show up. So I called them and they had it sitting on the shipping floor, uncrated. I suggested they then ship it overnight (78 lbs) at thier expense. They grumbled a little, but ultimately did the right thing and shipped overnight at their expense.<p>I have not finished the engine, but the head looks fabulous. They even included the upper timing chain cover bolted the head and milled to match the head. Very cool indeed!<p><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p><br></i><br>

David F
09-05-2001, 04:59 PM
$907.00 including shipping, etc. with re-ground camshaft. Head is new style (i.e. NO dogbone water passages)...this may not be an issue with newer heads as found in E32's.<p>the rebuilt head?..any special mod's..does it<br>have a new or reconditioned camshaft?<br>Thanks,<br>George<br>90 735il/145K<p>Last month I bought a rebuilt cylinder head for my E24. I told them I needed it on a certain day and it did not show up. So I called them and they had it sitting on the shipping floor, uncrated. I suggested they then ship it overnight (78 lbs) at thier expense. They grumbled a little, but ultimately did the right thing and shipped overnight at their expense.<p>I have not finished the engine, but the head looks fabulous. They even included the upper timing chain cover bolted the head and milled to match the head. Very cool indeed!<p><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p><br></i><br>

George Mann
09-06-2001, 08:10 AM
<i><br>$907.00 including shipping, etc. with re-ground camshaft. Head is new style (i.e. NO dogbone water passages)...this may not be an issue with newer heads as found in E32's.<p>the rebuilt head?..any special mod's..does it<br>have a new or reconditioned camshaft?<br>Thanks,<br>George<br>90 735il/145K<p>Last month I bought a rebuilt cylinder head for my E24. I told them I needed it on a certain day and it did not show up. So I called them and they had it sitting on the shipping floor, uncrated. I suggested they then ship it overnight (78 lbs) at thier expense. They grumbled a little, but ultimately did the right thing and shipped overnight at their expense.<p>I have not finished the engine, but the head looks fabulous. They even included the upper timing chain cover bolted the head and milled to match the head. Very cool indeed!<p><br>Anyone bought a rebuilt engine from these guys? Any problems?<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index