Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Zack Spencer
09-08-2001, 09:30 AM
My 1993 740iL is acting up and the dealer, (the only ones who can ID a problem ) thinks I need a new DME computer. It is a Bosch unit with the last three numbers 404. Can anybody point me in the right direction, for a new or used unit. In Canada they want $1250.00 for a new one!!

Max Fretter (NZ 87 735i)
09-09-2001, 07:16 AM
Try searching on Google or such for "motronic" "reconditioned" or something like that...?<p>I also would personally get a second opinion before goign for a whole new DME unless he can specifically demonstrate that one of the ouput lines (coils, injectors) is kaput - they have so many inputs... you shouldn't be funding the stealers' diagnosis base-line for your problem.<p>Did they even tell you their premise for saying the unit was suspect? I remember on onr of the Brit reconditioning sites their commenting the Bosch units are usually very robust in normal use and only fail under extremes.<p>Good luck<p>Max F<p><p><i><br>My 1993 740iL is acting up and the dealer, (the only ones who can ID a problem ) thinks I need a new DME computer. It is a Bosch unit with the last three numbers 404. Can anybody point me in the right direction, for a new or used unit. In Canada they want $1250.00 for a new one!!<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index