Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Adrian Lee
09-11-2001, 11:00 PM
I have just replaced rotors, calipers, and pads on front of my 750IL. Also, I have replaced the lower control arms.<br>I was having vibration on 45-55mph zone, but after these work, I do not feel anything.<br>I have used, Balo rotors, Pagid pads, and Trevo new calipers all together for 179.00.<br>My brake feels little soft when I apply the brake though.<br>I did bleed and everything.<br>

Peter S
09-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Until the brakes bed in a little it can feel a little soft.<br>Peter S<p><i><br>I have just replaced rotors, calipers, and pads on front of my 750IL. Also, I have replaced the lower control arms.<br>I was having vibration on 45-55mph zone, but after these work, I do not feel anything.<br>I have used, Balo rotors, Pagid pads, and Trevo new calipers all together for 179.00.<br>My brake feels little soft when I apply the brake though.<br>I did bleed and everything.<p></i><br>

Lou
09-15-2001, 08:26 AM
<i><br>I have just replaced rotors, calipers, and pads on front of my 750IL. Also, I have replaced the lower control arms.<br>I was having vibration on 45-55mph zone, but after these work, I do not feel anything.<br>I have used, Balo rotors, Pagid pads, and Trevo new calipers all together for 179.00.<br>My brake feels little soft when I apply the brake though.<br>I did bleed and everything.<p></i><br>Since you've gone to the time and expense to replace the calipers it's very important to replace the brake fluid (because it's hydroscopic -- absorbs water) in the system. Suck out the old stuff in master cyl for a start and refill with fresh stuff before you start. Otherwise you just have more old fluid to pull or push through the yards of pipe and hose under the car. I'm not certain how the brake booster on these cars affects "how" convention pumps like the mitivac used to bleed brake sys work on the e32's. Maybe someone else has first hand experience. BTW, I picked up a qt of Valvoline synthetic brake fluid and since it's compatable with conventional will use it when it's time to replace mine.<p>Lou<br>'98 Z3 2.8<br>'94 740i<br>'86 524TD<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index