Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jose
12-17-1998, 09:56 PM
Hi guys I m the proud owner of a 94 525, this is my first german car. I first had a 91 Nissan Maxima SE and some other japanese sedans. But I see that the bimmer engine its more noisy than the japanese. I sold the Maxima to my next door neighbor, and everytime he drives by it seems that hes engine runs better than my bimmer. I purchased my bimmer from a bmw dealer, and its certified. I change the oil reguraly, what mileage should I expect from this car?<br>200K, 250K? Thanks in advance<p>Jose

Joe Mazza
12-19-1998, 10:22 AM
My '90 535i has over 183K miles and is still going strong. Only real problem I've had was a failed water pump at 165K which led to an overheat which warped the head. All fixed now with no further problems. Best car I ever had.<p>How many miles does your 525 have?<p>Cheers,<br>Joe<p><i>: Hi guys I m the proud owner of a 94 525, this is my first german car. I first had a 91 Nissan Maxima SE and some other japanese sedans. But I see that the bimmer engine its more noisy than the japanese. I sold the Maxima to my next door neighbor, and everytime he drives by it seems that hes engine runs better than my bimmer. I purchased my bimmer from a bmw dealer, and its certified. I change the oil reguraly, what mileage should I expect from this car?<br>: 200K, 250K? Thanks in advance<p>: Jose<p></i>

Jose
12-19-1998, 10:44 AM
<p>: My '90 535i has over 183K miles and is still going strong. Only real problem I've had was a failed water pump at 165K which led to an overheat which warped the head. All fixed now with no further problems. Best car I ever had.<p>: How many miles does your 525 have?<p>: Cheers,<br>: Joe<br>Hi JOE, my bimmer has 52525 miles, but I dont know if will run as good as now when it gets in to the 150K miles.<p><br>Jose<br>: : Hi guys I m the proud owner of a 94 525, this is my first german car. I first had a 91 Nissan Maxima SE and some other japanese sedans. But I see that the bimmer engine its more noisy than the japanese. I sold the Maxima to my next door neighbor, and everytime he drives by it seems that hes engine runs better than my bimmer. I purchased my bimmer from a bmw dealer, and its certified. I change the oil reguraly, what mileage should I expect from this car?<br>: : 200K, 250K? Thanks in advance<p>: : Jose<p><br>

edward
12-23-1998, 06:57 AM
Congratulations,<br>BMW engines employ cam chains instead of belts. Thus no replacement needed before 20k miles. Engine noise was sacrificed but this is what we don't mind in view of the durability..

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index