Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Help with wimpy heater

Jeff Bos
12-20-1998, 03:20 PM
I have a 95 540i/6. The heater does not develop very hot air. The other night I had it on full hot with the fan on 4 for an hour and it never produced hot enough air that I had to turn it down, luke warm at best. Any Ideas???<p>Thx,<p>Jeff

Bob Hazelwood
12-21-1998, 11:34 AM
Is there a buzzing sound coming from the firewall area near the brake cylinder? If so you may have a stuck circulation pump. It can be fixed without replacement.<p>Best regards,<br>Bob Hazelwood<br>'93 525i 5-sp.<p><i>: I have a 95 540i/6. The heater does not develop very hot air. The other night I had it on full hot with the fan on 4 for an hour and it never produced hot enough air that I had to turn it down, luke warm at best. Any Ideas???<p>: Thx,<p>: Jeff<p></i>

Frank
12-21-1998, 04:21 PM
<i>: I have a 95 540i/6. The heater does not develop very hot air. The other night I had it on full hot with the fan on 4 for an hour and it never produced hot enough air that I had to turn it down, luke warm at best. Any Ideas???<p>: Thx,<p>: Jeff<p></i>this may sound silly but did you try to adjust the center heating ducts dial so that the 3 red dots appear instead of the 3 blue dots. You can adjust the heat this way instead of moving the regular heat knob dial to 80 degrees. I had the same problem on my 95 540.

Steve
12-22-1998, 09:47 AM
Have you changed the micro-filter lately ?<p><i>: I have a 95 540i/6. The heater does not develop very hot air. The other night I had it on full hot with the fan on 4 for an hour and it never produced hot enough air that I had to turn it down, luke warm at best. Any Ideas???<p>: Thx,<p>: Jeff<p></i>

Jeff Bos
12-25-1998, 11:46 PM
Frank,<p>You're right. The day after I wrote the question I went out to the car and to fool around with the heater and immediately noticed the problem. Blue dots. The night I couldn't get heat it was dark, late, and I had just finished up 14 hrs at work. So my brain was half fried. BTW, with the red dots, I about burnt my skin right off.<p>You pass the test.<p>Thanks again,<br>Jeff

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index