Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul H
12-22-1998, 07:01 AM
I'd like to do a bit more mechanical work on my 535, but I don't know where I can safely place axle stands at front or rear, nor where I can jack up the car from.<p>BTW, I am not referring to the use of the tyre jack supplied with the car. I've also got one of those heavy duty hydraulic jacks, which I plan to use.<p>Thanks for any advice.<p>Paul.<br>

David Chen
12-22-1998, 11:25 AM
I use the frame bars that run the length of the front to back doors. Jacking up one side a bit, putting in a jackstand and then doing the other side.<p>It would probably go much quicker if I had two jacks but then I might as well wish for a lift too.<p>David<br>

will
12-22-1998, 08:17 PM
<i>: I use the frame bars that run the length of the front to back doors. Jacking up one side a bit, putting in a jackstand and then doing the other side.<p>: It would probably go much quicker if I had two jacks but then I might as well wish for a lift too.<p>: David<p></i>

WillO
12-22-1998, 08:36 PM
<i>: I use the frame bars that run the length of the front to back doors. Jacking up one side a bit, putting in a jackstand and then doing the other side.<p>: It would probably go much quicker if I had two jacks but then I might as well wish for a lift too.<p>: David<p></i>Sorry if this double posted, on a son's computer. The suspension crossmembers are the proper point to raise the car to put jackstands under. Forward of the differential is the rear suspension crossmember, a single jack on centerline will raise the rear of the car safely.<br>The front suspension also has a crossmember which should be used. NEVER TRUST THE JACK to hold against life or limb. I have dropped 3 cars on jacks.<p>Will<br>88 325ix<br>91 525i

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index