Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Doc
12-23-1998, 12:20 AM
It only happens when I'm driving my 90' 535 above 20MPH and decide to open the sunroof pop up air vent. I then begin to hear this humming sound emmiting from the instrument cluster area. The humming stops when I either close the sunroof all the way or open it all the way. Has anyone come across this problem before? This noise is so damn annoying, I have to blast my the radio HIGH. If I dont find a solution I may go DEAF!!!

Bill Mitchell
12-23-1998, 08:28 AM
This MAY be the dreaded windshield cowl noise. I experienced it at high speeds, and I thought it was my speedometer drive cable, until I realized I don't HAVE a speedometer drive cable! The little plastic shield under the wiper arms can vibrate and cause all kinds of noise, and this may be it. I glued mine down with black silicone adhesive. Then again, if is only occurs when you open the sunroof, that may not be it. In that case, DON'T OPEN THE SUNROOF! <g><i>: It only happens when I'm driving my 90' 535 above 20MPH and decide to open the sunroof pop up air vent. I then begin to hear this humming sound emmiting from the instrument cluster area. The humming stops when I either close the sunroof all the way or open it all the way. Has anyone come across this problem before? This noise is so damn annoying, I have to blast my the radio HIGH. If I dont find a solution I may go DEAF!!!<p></i>

Bimmer Fan
12-25-1998, 06:01 PM
<i>:<br>:)<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index