Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Remote Keyless Entry - where?

Chris A.
01-01-1999, 03:35 PM
I just purchased a 94 530i and was wondering if it came with the BMW remote keyless entry system. I have the owners manual and I've noticed a small LED on the center pedestal by the rear passenger vents. I'm looking for the control unit so I can program a new transmitter . Does anyone know where it is hidden? All your help is appreciated - Thanks!<br>This message board is so very helpful. Thanks for all your help guys.

David Chen
01-01-1999, 04:05 PM
The factory LED is on the dash-top ventilation opening. I'd guess that one on the center console is an aftermarket alarm's LED.<p>Regards,<p>David<br>

don
01-01-1999, 05:23 PM
Mine is under the back seat on the driver's side of the car. <p><i>: I just purchased a 94 530i and was wondering if it came with the BMW remote keyless entry system. I have the owners manual and I've noticed a small LED on the center pedestal by the rear passenger vents. I'm looking for the control unit so I can program a new transmitter . Does anyone know where it is hidden? All your help is appreciated - Thanks!<br>: This message board is so very helpful. Thanks for all your help guys.<p></i>

Ben
01-01-1999, 08:12 PM
Chris-<br>How do you like the 530i? Starship-like engine<br>performance eh?<p>I just bought a '94 530i w/ keyless entry. The<br>selling dealer only had one of the transmitters,<br>apparently BMW supplies two with a new vehicle.<br>Replacements were available from BMW for $$$, but<br>I'm not sure how they get programmed. The keyless<br>entry system seems very satisfactory, and starting<br>with early 1994 models included "double locking"<br>with ignition and fuel system kill. I concour<br>that the factory LED is on the dash panel.<p>Machts Gut!<p>Ben<br>Calistoga, CA<br>1994 530i 5-spd<br>

Chris A.
01-01-1999, 09:27 PM
<br>: Mine is under the back seat on the driver's side of the car. <br>Don: I just can't seem to find the access latch to the back seat bench. I've looked every where. My car does not have the rear seat fold down option.<p>: : I just purchased a 94 530i and was wondering if it came with the BMW remote keyless entry system. I have the owners manual and I've noticed a small LED on the center pedestal by the rear passenger vents. I'm looking for the control unit so I can program a new transmitter . Does anyone know where it is hidden? All your help is appreciated - Thanks!<br>: : This message board is so very helpful. Thanks for all your help guys.<p>

Joe
01-01-1999, 10:48 PM
<i>The E34's had a dealer installed BMW keyless intry for the first few years with it being standard on the M5's and later 540's with the LED being on the dash top fresh air vent. On 525's, 535's, and 530's that had the dealer installed BMW alarm, the LED replaced the rear seat lighter under the rear vent. The control unit is under the rear seat behind the driver. You must lift rear seat up as high as you can to get your fingers around clips that are centered between the TWO rear positions and squease as you lift up.<br></i>

Steve T
01-03-1999, 10:09 AM
No latch, just brute force, I once spent 40 mins trying to figure it out. There have been other posts on this. Feel between squab and base starting from the outside edge. I could get my fingers in and moved progressively towards the centre line but you will only get about a foot in from the outside edge before you either run out of space for your fingers (most likely) or find the locating lug. This is fixed to the seat squab and locates downwards into the seat base - one either side. Get your hand close to the lug and pull up on the squab - it comes free but not especially easily. Do it both sides and you are home free. This relates to the saloon. Tourer is very different as I recall.<br>Steve<br><i>: <br>: : Mine is under the back seat on the driver's side of the car. <br>: Don: I just can't seem to find the access latch to the back seat bench.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index