Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


Chris A.
01-01-1999, 06:08 PM
I had my 94 530i in for regular service and the tech noticed that my GUIBO was cracked and needed to be replaced. What is this? I've never head of this part of the car before. Is this a safety issue, or can I still drive my car? Can I change this myself? Cost? Thanks Again!<p>Chris A.<br>94 530i E34 M60

Phil Coppin
01-02-1999, 06:06 PM
Chris,<br>The Guibo is a rubber compound flexdisk that, basically, connects your gearbox output shaft to the main driveshaft. This is a replace item, generally on older or higher mileage cars. If it is cracked, replace it. If you are handy with a wrench and have a Bentley Manual, this can be a DIY job. <p>Phil C.<br>95 525i 5spd. Sharked.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index