Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chuck Bennett
01-02-1999, 07:19 PM
I just bought a 1990 525i with 98,000 miles. When it sits outside in the cold (say freezing) the engine makes a noise that I am pretty sure is from the power steering. It is a like a buzzing sound that will change wheen turning the wheel. It goes away when warmed up, and I don't hear it when starting the car when it is warm. Is the problem a bad power steering pump?<p>Chuck Bennett

JOSE
01-02-1999, 09:55 PM
<p>: I just bought a 1990 525i with 98,000 miles. When it sits outside in the cold (say freezing) the engine makes a noise that I am pretty sure is from the power steering. It is a like a buzzing sound that will change wheen turning the wheel. It goes away when warmed up, and I don't hear it when starting the car when it is warm. Is the problem a bad power steering pump?<p>: Chuck Bennett<p>Did you check the normal level? Ussually it makes noise when its below the minimum.<p>Jose<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index